That's very cool that you got some pics. I love watching birds "stalk" around in the air looking for their next meal.
But is that really smart of them to build their home on top of a powerline? I mean, I know it's probably very nice for them right now. But they might get fried like a KFC chicken, right? Do they have a better place to go, or is it just that there is so much development around, that was their only option? It's sad when that happens, don't you think?
Chels I think they went there beause it is so close to the power line. The property next to ours is owned by Westvaco which is a logging company so guess what, they cut down all the really tall trees to this is the only place they had left. You gave me a great idea. I bet they would let me put up a nest pole for next year so that the birds would have a better place to next. Thanks everyone for the visit and Chels for the idea. :)
Spring is here in all its glory. The birds are singing, the bees are buzzing and the flowers are blooming. And you know what that means…. time to sell tadpoles. Now most of you are probably thinking that no one could sell tadpoles because no one in their right mind would buy them. Wrong. We proved it. A few years back when we first started going to the flea market, my son came up with the idea of selling tadpoles. This is how it all began; We were going to the flea market selling plants. We had a few water plants to sell as well. We thought it would be a great kid-attractor to have a minnow in the jar with the plant and it was. Kids can spot a live animal a mile away. When families were walking by our booth, more often than not, the young children would see something moving in the jars and stop to see what it was. Most of the time, the parents stopped as well. The first step in making a sale is to get someone to stop so we were on our way to a sale. If the child wanted the fish, we wou...
Were havin fried chicken so crisp and hot, With tatters and gravy make sure and take a lot. There’s green beans and fatback and biscuits with butter, And cold cold milk, straight from the udder. And fer desert, get ya some pie, There’s sweet tater, apple and of course yer favorite shoo-fly. YUMMMM YUMMMMM Hee Haw was one of my father’s favorite shows. He loved it for the ummmmmmm music. Or so he said. This morning, I was thinking about what to have for supper. A couple of things came to mind. First there was some chicken in the refrigerator but I remembered Salmonella and decided not to fix that. I bought a beef roast yesterday but now I am having second thoughts because of possible Mad Cow Disease. I could always make a salad but we might get e-coli from the lettuce. Ok the only thing left is water but with all the mercury and arsenic in water these days, maybe I will just sit quietly and breathe. I just hope there isn’t a smog alert. Then I thought why not just go out for dinner. The...
Pictures from Wadmalaw Island. Martins Point plantation as it stands today. (site of "The Notebook") Bohicket Creek. Shrimp boat at Rockville. If you are coming here from the "Time" article, please feel free to look around. I didn't find out until today that they used a link to my blog. Welcome. Very quickly, My wife and I got married at this plantation. It is right around the corner from where we live now so if you have any questions about it, feel free to email me and ask. In a few days, I will post some more photos of the house. I wrote an interesting story about the plantation as my last post. Check it out by clicking here . Thanks to my son, Gregory for taking the pictures. He is making a power point presentation for Irving House Winery. You can see it if you come for a wine tasting.
Comments
But is that really smart of them to build their home on top of a powerline? I mean, I know it's probably very nice for them right now. But they might get fried like a KFC chicken, right? Do they have a better place to go, or is it just that there is so much development around, that was their only option? It's sad when that happens, don't you think?