This is my blog. It is full of stories about moments that have touched my life. I hope it doesn't offend anyone but if it does, I am sorry.
Charleston Fishing
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Well my second favorite past time is fishing. When I am not gardening (or working) I am fishing. I think I am pretty good at it too. Oh don't worry, I let this one go.
Spring is here in all its glory. The birds are singing, the bees are buzzing and the flowers are blooming. And you know what that means…. time to sell tadpoles. Now most of you are probably thinking that no one could sell tadpoles because no one in their right mind would buy them. Wrong. We proved it. A few years back when we first started going to the flea market, my son came up with the idea of selling tadpoles. This is how it all began; We were going to the flea market selling plants. We had a few water plants to sell as well. We thought it would be a great kid-attractor to have a minnow in the jar with the plant and it was. Kids can spot a live animal a mile away. When families were walking by our booth, more often than not, the young children would see something moving in the jars and stop to see what it was. Most of the time, the parents stopped as well. The first step in making a sale is to get someone to stop so we were on our way to a sale. If the child wanted the fish, we wou...
My job is not an easy one. It may seem easy but it is very difficult and unsatisfying. Every week I make up work schedules and every day the schedules don’t get followed. When I ask people why they aren’t following the schedule they make excuses and then turn the situation around and say things like “You didn’t ask us for our input." So I take that to heart and ask them what they want next week’s schedule to look like. I get no response from anyone. Ok I did get one response and it was; “I aint got time for this (insert bad word here).” Every day at work, I try to do what is right and proper. I too make mistakes though no matter how hard I try. I actually like it when people point out my mistakes as long as they do it in a kind manner. Telling me that I filled out a form wrong is acceptable. Telling me that my work stinks isn’t. I like constructive criticism, not degrading comments. Give me something I can work with. Throw me a bone I can work with. (I love that saying) It is...
Were havin fried chicken so crisp and hot, With tatters and gravy make sure and take a lot. There’s green beans and fatback and biscuits with butter, And cold cold milk, straight from the udder. And fer desert, get ya some pie, There’s sweet tater, apple and of course yer favorite shoo-fly. YUMMMM YUMMMMM Hee Haw was one of my father’s favorite shows. He loved it for the ummmmmmm music. Or so he said. This morning, I was thinking about what to have for supper. A couple of things came to mind. First there was some chicken in the refrigerator but I remembered Salmonella and decided not to fix that. I bought a beef roast yesterday but now I am having second thoughts because of possible Mad Cow Disease. I could always make a salad but we might get e-coli from the lettuce. Ok the only thing left is water but with all the mercury and arsenic in water these days, maybe I will just sit quietly and breathe. I just hope there isn’t a smog alert. Then I thought why not just go out for dinner. The...
Comments