This is my blog. It is full of stories about moments that have touched my life. I hope it doesn't offend anyone but if it does, I am sorry.
Sand Treasures
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Just some things I found on the island beach. Remember those old aptitude tests you took back in school? Which photo doesn't belong? Hope you like my photo's
Spring is here in all its glory. The birds are singing, the bees are buzzing and the flowers are blooming. And you know what that means…. time to sell tadpoles. Now most of you are probably thinking that no one could sell tadpoles because no one in their right mind would buy them. Wrong. We proved it. A few years back when we first started going to the flea market, my son came up with the idea of selling tadpoles. This is how it all began; We were going to the flea market selling plants. We had a few water plants to sell as well. We thought it would be a great kid-attractor to have a minnow in the jar with the plant and it was. Kids can spot a live animal a mile away. When families were walking by our booth, more often than not, the young children would see something moving in the jars and stop to see what it was. Most of the time, the parents stopped as well. The first step in making a sale is to get someone to stop so we were on our way to a sale. If the child wanted the fish, we wou...
Were havin fried chicken so crisp and hot, With tatters and gravy make sure and take a lot. There’s green beans and fatback and biscuits with butter, And cold cold milk, straight from the udder. And fer desert, get ya some pie, There’s sweet tater, apple and of course yer favorite shoo-fly. YUMMMM YUMMMMM Hee Haw was one of my father’s favorite shows. He loved it for the ummmmmmm music. Or so he said. This morning, I was thinking about what to have for supper. A couple of things came to mind. First there was some chicken in the refrigerator but I remembered Salmonella and decided not to fix that. I bought a beef roast yesterday but now I am having second thoughts because of possible Mad Cow Disease. I could always make a salad but we might get e-coli from the lettuce. Ok the only thing left is water but with all the mercury and arsenic in water these days, maybe I will just sit quietly and breathe. I just hope there isn’t a smog alert. Then I thought why not just go out for dinner. The...
There are a few things in life that upset me: Spiders, rude people, unruly children and spilling my coffee to name a few. But nothing gets my blood boiling faster than hearing the name Flat Stanley. On the surface, Stanley sounds like something innocent, but I am here to tell you that he is evil and has the power to tear your family apart. Flat Stanley was the brain child Dale Hubert, a third grade teacher from Ontario Canada. Back in 1995, he decided to start this project to inflict pain on unsuspecting parents and students as well. The concept is simple: You take a picture of Flat Stanley and decorate it. Then you cut it out and there you have it….Flat Stanley. Then you send it to other people and they take stupid photos of them with Stanley or you take him on vacation with you in order to ruin your vacation and Dale should be shot or better yet put in a pot of boiling oil and slowly fried and tortured and and and Ha Ha….Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha….Whahahahahahahahaha Sorry this happens every ti...
Comments
Lovely photos Greg,can't wait for my camera to be repaired, so I can start and shoot some shells.
Mine too Barb. I like Lori love the smell of the ocean.
Thanks lori2 :)
Greg
Just my poor sense of humour.
I can knight you if you want, "arise sir greg".