Survival


During my morning walk, ran across a family of geese. It was two adults and 4 little ones. As I approached, they just walked in the other direction. When I got closer, the male flew off and made a lot of racket trying to get me to follow him. I followed the others instead and soon the female flew off making the same noise. When I looked back where the little ones were, then had sat down in the leaves and were hiding. They sat there motionless while I took a picture but the moment I turned my back to walk away then took off and rejoined their parents in the river. It is a great plan unless I was a fox in or a hawk in which case I would have easily been able to pick them out of the leaves. I thought it was a great survival plan anyway.


Have a great day,

Greg

Comments

Bardouble29 said…
In a way we all have survival techniques...just some of them don't work so well.
MommaMonkey said…
They were probably pooping. You probably scared the poop right out of them.
I bet they were glad you weren't a fox. I'm surprised Momma didn't attack you. Those things are known to be a bit on the nasty side.
Queenie said…
Brill photo, lets hope Mr Foxy keeps away.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog