I give !!

The service this past weekend left my son really worried. It wasn't a particularly scary sermon from the pages or Revelations. It was actually taken from the book of Luke and centered on Jesus speaking in Nazareth. He spoke about giving to the poor and even though it was a great speech, he was almost put to death for it; still that isn't what worried him.

The part that worried him was thinking that I would come home and immediately start giving all the things we have away. Not to worry, that's not going to happen. The truth is I already give and give much more that most of the people I know, I just don't go around boasting about it so it isn't always obvious. Also in my humble opinion, compared to other poverty stricken countries most of the people in this country are pretty well off. Even the poorest in this country are better off than other some in other countries.

God also wants us to have nice things as a testimony to his greatness. Not to be boastful or flashy but to show that people can be successful in Christ. We don't have to be sly, cheating opportunist to make it in this world and I am an example of that. I have always treated people with kindness and respect and still managed to do quite well.

1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.


Have a Blessed day

Greg

Comments

Lori said…
Greg, you are a very generous person. We can tell that too from all of the things you do in your community. Thanks for this reminder about giving to others. A good lesson!
Wanda said…
You are a giving person, because you first give your heart.

In that passage...Jesus really wanted his heart...not his possessions.

Love this post!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog