Another day another dollar

Does anyone know who made that statement? In my earliest days of working the least I made was one dollar an hour. I can't imagine working for a dollar a day. That wouldn't work these days since I use up about ten dollars a day on gas. Dis you know that most of our gas comes from Canada. Just a little something I found on the web.

It's big meeting day today. That means we sit around and talk about all the things we did over the past two weeks and lose another day in the process. I don't mind though, I get paid the same if I sit in a meeting or really work. As I was leaving work yesterday, I saw one person checking his watch and two others yelled out: "leaving early today?" One of these days I will wait by the gate in the morning and yell"getting to work late these days?" You see I start my day 30 minutes early so I leave 30 minutes early. It all works out.


I am working on my new Real Estate Blog so check it out later this week. The shortcut is on the right.


Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Janice Thomson said…
I really had to research this to get an answer for you Greg. That saying originates with the CCC - Civilian Conservation Corps. An enrollee was making $30 a day of which most went into another's pocket leaving him very little hence the saying; another day, another dollar. Nowadays the saying has taken on the meaning of the same old, same old boring stuff.
See we intimidated backwards Canadians are good for something LOL
Janice Thomson said…
Correction - I meant $30 a month! - makes a huge difference.
Greg C said…
Thanks Janice. I feel bad now with how much I make. I am spoiled.
Andrea said…
I have heard that phrase most of my life but I had no idea where it originated from until I read Janice Thomson's comment. Thanks Janice.

Thanks for visitng my blog. Even with the southern stab. ;)
Lori said…
It's good that Janice good to the bottom of where the saying comes from. Your real estate site looks nice!
I can't stand it when people have to constantly worry about what others are doing or not doing. Chances are those are the people who are doing the things they shouldn't or aren't doing the things they should.
Wanda said…
I remember working as a waitress in College at $l.10 per hour. If it hadn't been for tips, I wouldn't have been able to make it.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog