Who's on first?

I have been working on another post but this came up and I just had to get it off my chest. Remember this old skit. Well what I have to talk about today, reminded me so much of this that I had to post this picture.








About a week ago, I get a phone call from my bank. The man on the phone tells me that their records show that my home owners insurance policy is about to expire and that their records show that I haven’t made any attempt to renew it. After listening to the man, I told him that I would get with my insurance agent and see what was going on. The insurance agent tells me that they are waiting on a check from my bank. (the same one who called me) You see my insurance is paid out of escrow (at the banks request) so the bank was the holdup. So I call the bank back and tell them that the reason I haven’t renewed my policy is because they haven’t sent the check in. The guy looks at my paperwork and says “Oh I do see that it is paid out of escrow so don’t worry about it.” Why didn't he see that in the first place? He then made a note on my account to this effect. (NOT)



A week later, I get another notice from the bank saying that my policy is expired and if I don’t take immediate action they will take money out of my escrow account and purchase insurance for me. Well duh, that’s what you were supposed to do in the first place. So what it boils down to is this;




The bank didn’t pay for my insurance like they were supposed to, so it expired. Since it expired, they are threatening to pay for my insurance if I don’t do something. The sad part is this isn’t the first time this has happened. Now I am wondering if I don’t do anything will they again not pay for my insurance????? It may be time to change banks. What do you think?


I think this has now all been taken care of but who knows. I keep hoping that one of these days they will call me and say.”Mr. C we accidently deposited a million dollars in your account and since we don’t know where it came from, you can just keep it” Now that will never happen but I can dream can't I. Why are all these mistakes always in the banks favor? There is something fishy about that I think.

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Isn't that sort of thing automated? After having just watched what all a good insurance company does in a state of crisis (Clint's parents housefire), I'd make sure they don't let it lapse. yeeks!
I was thinking the same thing, you don't want something to happen on a particular day when it has happened to expire.........somehow it wouldn't be their fault.........I can see red-faced Greg going into the bank to give somebody a piece of his mind!

I hate when customer service type folk don't do what they are supposed to.....I go through this ALL-THE-TIME!
Happyone said…
Oh brother!! That's crazy!!
Who's on first is a great analogy. :-)
Lori said…
How frustrating! I guess it's good to deal with banks as little as possible. That situation would have driven me crazy!!
This same thing happened to us a few years ago when we were living another house. The bad thing here is we shopped for insurance; the bank will use their fsvorite son and it will probably cost a lot more. We also had the bank pay our insurance twice and then send us a letter saying our escrow paments would have to be increased which would in turn raise our monthly mortgage payments. When we pointed out their error, we were the ones that had to "Chase" down our money and correct their mistake. So be careful Greg and keep an eye on them.
sandy said…
Well how irritating. Hope it gets all straightened out.
Angel said…
oh, it sounds fishy to me too....and I would find another bank!!
Scarlet said…
I had a similar experience and it almost cost me my house! It's frustrating to have this sort of thing happen when you put your trust in banks. They're supposed to know what they're doing, right? Yeah, right. ;)
Wanda said…
Oh my, haven't we all had to endure that conversation.

I agree...the picture of Who's on First is the perfect analogy!!
Jules said…
It sounds quite frightening to me. And incompetent. I would be tempted to look around at other banks as well.
Sandi McBride said…
Just wanted to come in and say thanks for visiting me today...and leaving a nice comment and suggestions for my tomatoes...and to say you haven't changed banks yet? What's the hold up, lol! The Bank is probably charging you for doing what they are already supposed to do plus postage to boot!
Sandi
Angie said…
I think you should let your wife handle it, but don't tell her I said that. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog