I won

Before I get to what I won, let me tell you about my weekend. Saturday was cold and rainy but we did ok at the market anyway. We got soaked first thing in the morning but the rain finally stopped around 9:30. That's when the temperature started dropping which made us miserable. Good thing I took a megga vitamin C in the morning. So far so good. No signs of a cold.

Today was much better. As is usually the case, I made breakfast this morning for my family. I enjoy cooking and especially breakfast. I am out of the house before they are awake during the week so I almost always fix breakfast on Sunday. Today I made bacon and egg biscuits for three of us and piggies for my youngest. Piggies are pigs in blankets, made with those little smokie sausages.

After that big breakfast, we waited on lunch until 1pm. Today for lunch, I made fried grouper, baked sweet potatoes, baby turnips and three bean salad. For desert me made smores. I made them in the microwave and it is simple. Just put the bottom graham cracker on a paper plate and cover with half of the Hershey bar. Place one marshmallow on top and microwave for 10 seconds. Take it out and immediately add the top graham cracker and smush it down a little. They are almost as good as the outside variety and lots easier. Now on to the award.







I have received an award from my new BBFF Patrice. I don't know what I did to deserve an award but I will proudly accept it. I don't get many awards and this one looks special. If anyone deserves an award it is her because she is the one who designed my new blog. If you are thinking about doing a blog makeover I highly recommend her. I have to say though that I tried to use the card at Walmart but something was wrong and the cashier said the balance was Zero. Just my luck.



After giving it some thought I realized that the reason the balance is Zero is that true friends don't come with a price. They are worth more than money can buy so actually they are priceless. Thanks again Patrice. Now I am supposed to pass this along to other bloggers so they can enjoy it as well. I already have one BBFF but I can always use another. (BBFF stands for Best Blogger Friend Forever by the way) So today I would like to pass this award to one of the newest members of the blogging community. Brooke. Today (Sunday) makes one month, two weeks and three days since her first post. And you thought we forgot. :) Oh and don't try to use this card for one of those on-line sales that I know you like either. I would also like to pass it along to Scarlet. She is the one who talked Brooke into blogging. If I ever make it down their way again, I hope we can all go out for some Cuban food. That would be awesome. I wonder though, do they just call it food? I love their perspective on life.


Have a great week,


Greg

Comments

Em said…
Congratulations on the honor...I always enjoy reading your blog and recognition is deserved.
Awwww shucks! You made me blush....
Wanda said…
Congratulation.... Nice Award and well deserved. Sorry your balance is zero...blame wall street.

You and cooking remind me of our son, Myk....loves to cook, and loves to make breakfast, pizza and homemade bread...You two would hit it off.

LOL:)
Wanda
Running over your list of this past weekends meals is making my tummy rumble!
Congrats Greg! A well deserved award. I look forward to reading your blog.
Monogram Queen said…
I was SHOCKED at how cold it got so quickly. We were walking down on the waterfront Thursday night and it was WARM (and late)
Saturday it got FREEZING!
Glad you didn't catch a cold and Patrice is sweet to give you that gold card!
Greg C said…
I started writing this on Friday and I see it kept that date. I actually finished it on Sunday.
Susan Skitt said…
Oh you're making me hungry :)

Nice award and I agree, Patrice is very creative!
Kelly said…
I want to eat at your house. Mmmm.
Tonja said…
Hi Greg,
Just getting around to catching up on the comments received while I was away, and I was happy to see you had visited me at Gatherings. Thanks for coming by to visit. I have read over several of your former posts and throughly enjoyed them. Charleston is a beautiful city. I bet you enjoy living there. I have relatives a little further north in N. C. Have a blessed day, and you're welcome at Gatherings anytime.
Lori said…
It sounds like you eat very well in your house. I'm going to have to try those smores. I've never made them inside before. I like that idea!
Shelley said…
congrats on the award! Also - thank you for the reminder that I can make SMORES in the microwave! They are my favorite...never occured to me....I'm headed to the store to pick up supplies!
Daisy said…
Congratulations on your award.
Scarlet said…
First of all, congratulations to YOU, Greg!! You deserve this award...and I'm not just saying that because you've passed the torch on to your favorite Cuban women of all time. ;) I really mean it.

Thank you for honoring me with this award! I'm not worthy, but I'll take it! ;)

I think all the winners should celebrate by dining at Versaille's Restaurant on 8th Street in Little Havana. What do you say??
The Blonde Duck said…
I wish my husband cooked as much as you do! Congrats!
Brooke said…
Congrats to you for being kind, helpful, honest and funny! All of your tips on my son's plant project were very much followed to the letter and guess what?..Give yourself a pat on the back...He got an "A" and it counts towards 4 grades. I now present you with the "Green Thumbs Up" award.

Thanks for counting my days as a blogger. I have really met some wonderful people, such as yourself. I have to get back at it...I'm starting to slack!

Scarlet and I would love to take you out "Cubano-style"..but please...I don't do cigars!

Blessings,

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog