Good news, bad news

First the good news. I got the packages mailed off yesterday. I am so proud of myself for not waiting until the last possible moment. The lady at the post office said that they should all arrive before Christmas. Because I had so many to mail, I didn't insure anything so if they arrive broken please don't tell me. Remember, it's the thought that counts anyway. I just hope none of you are let down since they are just simple presents. Also don't give away what they are since I sent most of you the same things and some will arrive before others.

Now that bad news. It was cold today at the market and my head feels like it is about to explode. I hope I am not coming down with something. I just took some fish oil tablets and a high dose vitamin C, hoping to ward off any sickness. As soon as I finish here I am going to bed and it is only 7 pm. I may not get to all of your blogs today but I will finish tomorrow if I feel better. Other than the headache and almost freezing to death, it was a pretty good day. And you won't believe who I saw at the market today. The big man himself, Santa Claus. There were also characters from a play that is in town. It is going to be "A Christmas Carol". I am just glad there were no ghosts running around. I'm off to bed.

Have a great night,
Greg

Well it's Sunday morning and the vitamins, and 11 hours of sleep did the trick. I am much better this morning and just a little wind burnt. It is a brisk 39 degrees in Charleston so we are probibly in the low 40's here at our house. Good thing we are a little warmer too because I am sure the fire in the greenhouse stove is completely out. Everything will be ok and it is supposed to be a little warmer today.

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Greg

Comments

Kelly said…
awwww - I hope you feel better. Poor fellow.

Well, I'm going out to check the mail. :-)

I can't wait!
Scarlet said…
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Greg, and that you got all your gifts our already. Lucky you.

Tomorrow I face the busy sidewalks on my way to the busy post office. I look forward to it anyway; I love being out and about this time of year. Okay, who am I kidding? I love being out and about any time of the year! ;)

Keep takin' those Vitamin Cs and have a happy Sunday!!
Awwww, poor BFF! I am glad your feeling better!! I have been fighting the crud for a couple of weeks, and knock on wood, I am still up by one. I keep thinking I need to throw in the towel and get it over with, but I am a fighter!!

BTW, even if I did have one already (the surprise christmas gift) I would still cherish it and stick it in the tree with the other one! I am sentimental that way!!
Becky said…
It IS the thought that counts! Glad you are doing better. We have snow here.
Beverlydru said…
Sorry to read about your cat. No worries about me being disappointed in the wonderful handcrafted prize. Since I am impaired when it comes to crafted anything, you are way ahead of the game by the fact that you create!
Edie said…
I'm glad you're feeling better today Greg. I have been behind on blogging. Hopefully will have my Christmas "to dos" done soon and get back on track.

I'll be watching the mail. There will be no disappointment. It is so kind of you to go to all this trouble. Thank you!
I still cannot believe how cold it is down there right now. Very unusual. Here? 19 BELOW zero. Yep, that's right. Brrrrr.....
Monogram Queen said…
I got my package on Saturday!! I loved it! Right up my alley and will retain a place of honor on my ... oh i'm not supposed to give anything away am I?
sandy said…
Well that will teach me to get behind on blogs...didn't know you were having a give away, darn!!

What a nice thing that is Greg...congrats to the ones who get your packages.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog