There is a meme going around where you are assigned a letter and you come up with 10 things that you love that start with that letter. My friend over at My ADHD Me offered so I accepted the challenge. She gave me the letter H. So here are 10 things I love that begin with the letter H.
For starters, it’s Hot, Hot, Hot. I love hot wings, hot summer days and hot tubs.
1. Hot wings. I love good hot wings. I never met a hot wing I didn’t like.(well unless they were under cooked….Yuck) And no Hooters doesn’t have the best hot wings. That is just an excuse that we men use to get in the door. Theirs are ok but I have had ones that were a lot better. Sorry guys, I spilled the beans on this one.
2. Hot summer days. I prefer hot summer days over cold winter ones. Give me sweat over hypothermia any day. I welcome Global warming. Bring it on. Just kidding but I do like it hot.
3. Hot tubs. When it does get cold, you can find me in our hot tub or any hot tub for that matter. Yes we have one at home. We get in ours daily. Last weekend while in Orlando, we got in the hot tub at the hotel where we stayed. It was a little too hot but that is better than not being hot enough.
4. Honest people. I hate liars. I really respect someone who has the backbone to stand up and tell the truth even though it might not be pleasant. I like Sarah Palin. There I said it. I was being honest.
5. Halleluiah. That is my favorite word and one of the reasons I like Christmas songs so much. You get to sing “Halleluiah” in lots of them. I also like the words Emanuel and Noel. There is nothing like a great Christmas song.
6. Honorary Discharges. I have the upmost respect for anyone who serves or served in the Military to protect our freedom. Freedom isn’t free and these guys and girls are the ones paying for it. Thank you all.
7. Happy. I love being happy. I think it is a personal choice to be happy. I have seen really wealthy people who are sad and really poor people who are happy. So it has to be a choice. I do my best to brighten everyone’s day at work but some people just refuse to lighten up. What’s your mood today? Do you want me to call you? :)
8. Home grown tomatoes. To quote a song: There’s only two things that money can’t buy and that’s true love and home grown damaters. Take two slices of fresh white bread. Add a thick slice of beef steak tomato, add mayo and some salt and pepper and you have a slice of Heaven. Yum.
9. Hardies Thick burgers. I am struggling with my diet this morning and as I was thinking about what I love that starts with the letter H, this is what popped into my head. I would kill for one right now. It has to be better than these wheat things and this orange.
10. Honeysuckle. If you have never smelled honeysuckle you are really missing out. In the south, on warm summer mornings, you can go outside and the smell of honeysuckle fills the air. We have it growing all along our fence and in the woods beside our house. The only things that smell better are gardenias and ginger flowers.
Well that’s my 10 favorite H’s. I won’t tag anyone else because most of you have already played but if you would like to play along, I would be glad to pick a letter for you.
Have a Honey of a day,