5 Things

5 Things or (I doubt if I will finish the meaningful post I started by the end of the day so I am taking the easy way out)

I am working on a great post or at least something with a little more sustenance but it’s Friday and I deserve a break today. You remember that old slogan: You deserve a break today, so get up and get away to……… Mc Yuckies, or something like that.

Well I found this meme over at Kelly’s blog so I thought I would do it to maybe stimulate my brain. So without further ado, here we go:

5 Things Found In My Bag:

Ok I don’t have a bag but if I did, I guess it would be a man bag and I think I would like it to be leather. If you have a man bag with a Harley emblem on it, does that make it manly? So If I did have a manly man bag with a Harley emblem on it, this is what I would carry in it:

Gum (your breath can never be too fresh)
Knife (just in case anyone said something negative about my man bag)
Reading glasses (I can never seem to find mine when I need them)
Chapstick (got to take care of the lips)
All those spare keys that I don’t seem to know what they are for

5 Things Found In My Wallet:

Piggly Wiggly Card
Credit Card
Drivers License
Business cards (for people I will never call)
Cash (It’s all about the Washingtons Bay-be)

5 Things Found In My Room: (other than furniture)

Pictures of my family
Souvenirs from Mexico
Breathing machine
Container full of marblesOld Navy uniforms (that have all shrunk)

5 Things I’ve Always Wanted To Do:

Go back to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco
See the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore
Live to a healthy old age, and die peacefully in my sleep
Write a book that gets published.
Catch a sailfish and let it go

5 Things I’m Currently Into:

Blogging
Reading the Bible
Writing
Coffee
Good friends

This was easy because a lot of Kelly’s answers were the same as mine. So play along if you want. Have a great weekend, and thanks for visiting.

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Debbie said…
I love your list of what would be in your man-purse. One year I asked for a pocket knife for Christmas. My husband laughed and laughed - but he gave me one! I keep it in my glove compartment. You are right - a knife is ever so handy.
No cell phone in the man purse? What if it's an emergency and I need to text you?

Have a great weekend!
Wow, I'd like to do all the same things on your "always wanted to do " list except catch a sailfish. I'd love to be on the boat when someone else caught one though.

Love your manly man purse thoughts.
Edie said…
Haha! Love the man purse. You can wear the cell phone on your belt. :) Actually I know a policeman who carries a fannie pack all the time because he has to carry his gun with him all the time. He's a big enough guy that no one would dare comment on it. :)
Edie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Another thing we have in common...I have always wanted to write a book and have it published! I have started several but have never finished one!!

Fun meme, I might have to do it!
Love the post I may have to join in. Funny though with the comment I deserve a break I started singing the MCYuckies song in my head before I even read the next line --ahahaha:)
I think man bags are officially know as the "European Carry-all" via Seinfeld. Either way - funny stuff!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said…
I think your man bag makes you look secure in your masculinity. (LOL!) Wear it with pride.

And I have a lot of stuff from Old Navy too! But I think your old Navy stuff is different from my Old Navy stuff. ;-)

Breathing machine...do you have sleep apnea?

I love your answers. Great minds must think alike my friend.
Marla said…
Very good list. I really think you should start caring a man bag!
sandy said…
Waving hi, I'll be back this weekend. I was visiting blogs and all of a sudden, my eyes won't stay open...it's late...nightynight.
Becky said…
I live about 2 hours out of SanFran so if you go there you can swing by to play in the snow ;-)

I liked all your answers... Its called a murse BTW.

Murse = man+purse.

LOL!
My ADHD Me said…
When I started reading about your Man-Bag, it was as if I was reading my own writing....but I was faithful and read it all. You guys are amazing to listen to my rambleing and even more amazing that you usually know what I'm talking about.

Piggly Wiggly- I didn't know there were any of those left. I LOVE the south.

Funny how all the posts that I've read of this meme have similar answers to "5 things I'm currently into".
I REALLY REALLY need to learn to drink coffee!!!!
Unknown said…
This is my first visit to your blog...looks as though I chose the perfect post to meet you!
Nice to meet you!

~AM
Wanda said…
Another good meme and list!!

I was surprised you didn't have some kind of fishing gear in that "Man Bag".

I like your Bucket List.... and catching a sail fish and letting it go, was my favorite!

I have a Harley Mug I could send you for your Man Bag ~~~ ((smile))

LOL:Wanda
ChrisJ said…
Couldn't get into your blog earlier today. Maybe you were posting. My husband has such a thing about women's purses that he won't even hold my purse or get it for me!!! This from a man who brings me a cup of tea in bed every morning! I think I should get him a man-purse and if I call it a murse he won't know what I'm talking about. Five things in my purse would be kleenex, kleenex, kleenex, kleenex, kleenex. I have such allergies spring and fall that I never go any where without it.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog