Please visit Truth for the Journey if you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday. Here is my list for this wonderful Thursday:
1. I am thankful for my youngest son passing the 6th grade. He did really well but it came down to the wire in one subject. I was actually praying for a D in that one subject but he ended up with a C which is wonderful in my book. He never ceases to amaze me. I have trouble looking at a 6’ boy and remembering that he is only 12.
2. I am thankful for all the aches and pains that I have right now. Last night I spent several hours weedwacking our yard so I went to bed really tired. This morning despite my aches and pains, I still went to the gym just like always. I managed to get in a pretty good workout. I am still on my way to better health and even though the pounds aren’t leaving me, the inches are.
3. I am thankful for all the rain that we have had recently. Even though some people have gotten more than they wanted, we really need it. It is nice not having to water the plants every day and it saves on electricity. Last night I heard that Georgia is no longer in a drought emergency. That is wonderful news.
4. I am thankful for my jams. For those of you who aren’t “with it” like I am, Jams are songs. Remember back in the day when we used to say, “hey they are playing my song”? Well today they say “Yo, turn it up, that’s my jam”. Yea I’m with it. The problem is my jams are songs from the 70’s or Contemporary Christian songs these days so some would say; “Yo Dog, you ain’t wit it”. I do like some of the new songs out which totally drives my kids crazy. They say things like “Dad please don’t sing that song, you are too old to like that kind of music.” Music always makes me happy.
5. I am so thankful that this morning when I woke up, I wondered what I would have for breakfast lunch and dinner instead of wondering if I would have anything at all to eat today. I Praise God for letting me be born in America and keeping food on my table.
Have a Blessed day,