Soon my entire family was up and we all pitched in to get everything ready. We made about a hundred deviled eggs and two big pans of Swedish meatballs for the reception. By early afternoon we were all exhausted and running on adrenaline and clouds were building so it was time to pray. God answered our prayers and the clouds went away just in time for the wedding.
So here is my Thankful Thursday list:
1. I am thankful for a glorious day in the park and that everything came together for the wedding. The weather was just about perfect and there was no arguing or fighting. For a moment, I thought I was at the wrong wedding. Haha
We decorated this handrail.
2. I am thankful for my family who pitched in and made the day a special one for our niece. We make quite a team. Diane and I did the flowers, and food. My oldest son helped set everything up and helped with the arrangements. My youngest son (12) helped hand out programs and helped me take photos.
#2 Son, handing out programs:
He went for a walk around the pond to take some photos of the pond and ducks and this is what he took:
Duck in the pond (nice shot):
Hey these aren't ducks. Boys will be boys.
3. I am thankful that I listened to my wife and went to the gym yesterday because I was so tired this morning that I had to sleep in that extra hour. She is probably wondering who wrote that “listened to my wife” part. I never do that or so I am told. I need more coffee by the way. Does anyone out there deliver?
4. I am thankful for all my aches and pains this morning because that tells me I am making progress on my fitness program. No pain no gain or at least that is what I hear.
5. I am thankful that I am not the Governor or our State this morning. I never realized that we had so many perfect people in this country that could stand up and throw that first stone. I am guessing he will resign because that is what Republicans tend to do when they make mistakes while in office.
Have a great day,