Believe it or not, I woke up at 2:30 this morning and started thinking about Thankful Thursday. The second thing I thought was; man my back is aching. And that is the first thing I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful that my back was aching this morning. The reason it was aching is because they are clearing the power lines along our street and we get as much free firewood as we want. My wife and sons have been loading it in the truck and bringing it home and in the evenings once it cools down to 90 Deg. We cut and stack it. Last night we spent about an hour cutting and stacking firewood. But it is free and that is a blessing. Our plants will be nice and toasty this coming winter.
2. My aching back also reminded me that I need to do more upper body exercises at the gym. So this morning, I started my workout with 100 crunches, then 100 back extensions and finally 75 butterflies. After that I had just enough time to get in 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer. So I am thankful that I have a gym to go to, the drive to keep going and some really good gym friends. Oh and also some great blog friends who encourage me to keep going.
3. After my workout I was nice and limber which reminded me not to be so stiff necked. I tend to be that way sometimes. (no say it isn’t so) As I was driving in to work I saw the most beautiful sunrise reminding me that God is still in control and I am thankful for that.
4. Thank God it’s Thursday. I made it through another week and now I have a three day weekend to look forward to. Three whole days off, whoot whoot whoot. Working at the market on Saturday doesn’t count because I really enjoy that. I have a plan to boost sales too and I will tell you all about it this weekend. If it works that is. :)
5. I am thankful for Faith, Hope and love. Throughout my life I have maintained my faith even though there were times it wasn’t that evident. No matter what life throws at me I keep hoping and praying for a better tomorrow. And finally I am thankful for being able to love and for being loved. So no matter what life throws at you remember this promise:
1 Corinthians 13
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Have a great day,