Wow, it has been a great week and I have so much to be thankful for. It will be hard to pick the top 5 but I will try. If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday, go over to Sonya’s blog and sign up. I am sure she would love to have you join in.
1. I am thankful for the rain we received last night. Not only did we get some much needed rain, we got a spectacular light show. I had to wait for the storm to pass before heading out to my spinning class. On the way there, I was following the storm and the lightening show was awesome.
2. I had a great workout at the gym. Mary, the spinning class leader really pushed us to our limits. In addition to leading us on our spinning journey, she is also very spiritual and keeps us thinking positive and feeling good about what we are doing. She is a great leader. I am thankful for Mary and another great spinning class.
3. I am thankful for my green thumb. Being able to grow things is a blessing from God. My Grandma Green is the one who got me interested in gardening. She was a Godly woman and an inspiration to many people. She would be so proud if she could see my zinnias. They were her favorite flower. She supplied her church with fresh cut zinnias all summer long for as long as I can remember. If there are zinnias in Heaven, I am sure God put her in charge of them. Check out what I grew. It is a yellow watermelon.
4. I am thankful that our pile of firewood is growing daily. My family has been getting up early and chopping, splitting and stacking firewood. (it’s the free stuff that we got over the past month) Last night my youngest son was complaining about the “slave driver” aka “mom.” He said she was working them to death. He said he was tired and aching from all the work. I asked him if he would rather be sick, weak or feeble and unable to do work like that. After giving it some thought he agreed that being tired and sore isn’t so bad after all.
5. I am thankful for opportunities I receive each and every day. Every day I am given opportunities. Sometimes they are opportunities that test me and other times they are opportunities to have faith. I am getting better at both of these as I am passing more tests and gaining faith. God is truly awesome. My latest opportunity is that I am going to be writing for the “Charleston Gardening Examiner.” As an Examiner writer, I will be publishing my articles alongside great Examiner writers like Kelly Combs of “Chatty Kelly” fame. Kelly, along with some others like Terri Tiffany have inspired me to push forward with my writing. I hope I don’t disappoint you all. I will try to make you proud. I will let you all know when my Examiner page is up and running. Thank you all for your support.
Have a great Thankful Thursday,