It's that time again. Another edition of Random Dozen hosted by Lid at 2nd cup of coffee. So without further ado, lets get started.
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. That depends on the type of movie. For a scary movie, it has to be late at night with the lights turned down low. For a comedy, I like to watch in the morning in my “don’t let anyone see me wearing these” clothes. For chick flicks, I prefer to let my wife watch them after I have left the room.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? I would like an old time southern funeral. I would like to be taken down the road in a casket on a mule drawn wagon. Then as I reach my yard, I want the band to switch to an upbeat rendition of: “When the Saints go marching in.” Then I want there to be a big party and after that burn me on a bonfire. Is this legal?
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? That depends. If you are a money giver, then I am a taker. Seriously I am more of a giver. But just not cash.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? I want some things planned to a T like when and where I am going but once I get there I want to just sit and flake out and do whatever comes to mind. Don’t rush me.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? My work shed. When I am working outside and I finish with something I just toss it into the shed. Then when it gets too cluttered to find anything I throw a fit and spend a day cleaning it out.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. Anything to do with children. Child abuse, children with cancer etc. I hate seeing children suffer. MUSC is on the top of my list. They saved our son when he was first born.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? I like peanut butter and butter sandwiches. More butter than peanut butter is best. I am not a big PB&J fan. I do like J but not with PB.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? Two ways: If I am just a little nervous my hands would get sweaty. If I get really nervous or embarrassed my face would turn red.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies? I wouldn’t call in elaborate. I get my stuff ready for the gym the next morning and then I make my rounds telling everyone good night. After that I plug in my CPAP, set my alarm, turn off the light and turn down the ceiling fan. Then I fall asleep in about 5 minutes. Notice I didn’t mention jammies. haha
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? Not really but I did regret making comments on some other blogs. I got some nasty responses and I realized that some people blog just to start arguments with other people. Now I only blog with nice people.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? Ok in my younger days I had a beard and looked a lot like Richard Dreyfuss. Or so people told me. Now I look a lot like Brad Pitt only a little older, greyer, fatter and not quite so good looking.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? We like beach music (my wife and I) so when I get a chance, I call up and dedicate one of our favorite songs to my wife; "Miss Grace". It goes like this:
Miss Grace when you walk by
You're the twinkle in my eye
There's no need to wonder why
I've fallen for you
Ooh ooh ooh Miss Grace
Satin and perfume and lace
The minute I saw your face
I knew that I loved you
OH this is rich. While I was typing this they played another one of our favorites. Aint too proud to beg. That’s my jam!!!! Ok which one of you requested that for me?
You have questions, I have answers. Have a great random day,