Over the past few days, I have been trying to come up with a destination for a winter vacation. It will probably only be a few day break but I am trying to find a place that will interest everyone in my family as well as get in a little rest and relaxation. (This just might be an impossible task) As I go over all the possible places that I would consider going, I am reminded of all the places I have been. I have to say that I have been more places than most people. And I can truly say that God’s work is amazing and I am Thankful for everything He has given me and the places He has taken me;
1. I have been to Italy and dined on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. I had pasta, with fresh bread and sipped on wine while watching the fishing boats come and go.
2. I tasted seafood at Fisherman’s Wharf as I enjoyed the sights and sounds of that area. I don’t think I will ever forget the smell of all that seafood cooking in the outdoor markets.
3. I enjoyed a picnic along a little stream on a mountaintop up in the Tetons where the only sounds were running water from the stream and the wind whispering through the pines. The smell of the pines was incredible.
4. I listened to calypso music at a little place called Shirley Heights in Antigua as I ate island BBQ. The view from atop that mountain was amazing and awe inspiring.
5. I have seen the sunrise in Key West and the sunset from Napa Valley. I ate fresh lobster in Halifax Nova Scotia and visited castles in Scotland.
And hundreds of other places as well. So even if my life should end today I would have to say that God has been very good to me. And He promises me a great tomorrow as well. This was taken yesterday here in Charleston;
Many thanks to Mary for the use of this photo and it is in memory of Molly (her dog and companion) who passed away yesterday. If you would like to join in on Thankful Thursday, just visit Sonya's blog and sign up.
Have a Blessed Day,