Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Another random dozen
1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Darn, I was going to say Keyboard. I prefer printing only because my cursive is so sloppy no one can read it. I had to print everything when I was in the Navy so I often switch back and forth when I try to write in cursive.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Sometimes I dream of being a realist but then I realize that I am fooling myself and I will never be serious so I just get real about being a dreamer. Is being a hopeless optimist the same as being a dreamer?
3. Billy Joel or Elton John? Wow what a choice.
Two of my favorite songs are “Keeping the Faith” and “In the Middle of the Night.” Since both of them were by Billy Joel I guess he is my pick. However I do think I am more Elton’s type than Billy’s. (Insert rim shot)
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
I was a horror flick junkie when I was young. To this day, I am afraid of the dark. There were so many it’s hard to pick just one. I think Pet Cemetery spooked me for a very long time. I had a grey cat that looked just like the cat in the movie. After seeing that, I kept an eye on “Smoky.” I swear she used to watch me.
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? This one is a tossup. Four different times come to mind:
The time we lost Sean at Disneyworld while on the riverboat and after screaming like a maniac for several minutes, I found him hiding back by the paddle wheel (laughing).
The time Sean slipped out of the house and fell in the pool when he was a toddler and no one was around to get him out. We still don’t know how he got out by himself.
The time Sean rode his tricycle up to the edge of the road and stopped just inches before running out in front of a speeding car. I was running after him but the faster I ran the faster he peddled.
Or the time I came home and as I drove in the driveway I saw Sean on top of the house (he was only two years old).
Hmmm decisions decisions…..well at any rate I see something in common here. And I have the grey hair to prove it.
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
That would probibally, I mean probablly, I mean probababaly be, probably. That one word kills me.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Well I do like to write and although most of my stuff is just plain dribble I still enjoy doing it. I blog therefore I am.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Without a doubt, time alone. People get me emotional so I need to escape from the source.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
I started to write no for the answer but then I remembered something from back in the day. When I was in high school our band played at an Atlanta Falcons football game at half time. We were on TV for about 10 seconds before the station went to a commercial. “Now isn’t that special.”
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Between these choices I prefer pumpkin. But I prefer pecan pie over everything else. But really Lid whatever kind you send will be greatly appreciated.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
None. My wife says magazine subscriptions are the devil.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
Don’t argue, just say “yes dear.” It’s a lot easier to just get it over with since you are going to end up saying it sooner or later.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed my answers and have a great day,