I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. Hey I am still wondering where September went. I am in shock that it’s already October. But it is Thankful Thursday so here is what I am thankful for today:
(1)The first thing on my list today is this wonderful weather. It was a hot summer and I am so thankful for this fall weather. There is a little chill in the air in the mornings now and it feels great. As I get older it is hard to take the extreme temperatures. Fall and spring are now my favorite seasons.
(2) The second thing I am thankful for this week are the broken down cars. It reminded me not to take things for granted and I do believe God is telling me to slow down more. In addition to my gardening abilities, God also gave me the ability to fix almost anything. So far I have two of the vehicles running well, a third one is going to be fixed today and we are making plans on fixing the 4th one. If I couldn’t do this work myself we would be bankrupt.
(3) I am thankful that I am able to make a difference here at work even though it sometimes goes unnoticed. Well at least it seems like it goes unnoticed. I just got an email from someone very high on the corporate ladder saying “Thanks.” It’s nice to hear it once in a while. Talk about good timing.
(4) I am thankful for another great spinning class last night. We had a pretty good crowd and the workout was awesome. I haven’t lost any more weight but it does feel like my pants are getting a little looser. Now if I could just quit eating so much the pounds would just melt away. That’s easier said than done.
(5) I am thankful for so many little things in the morning as I head out to work. Things like the sounds from a hoot owl calling in the distance, the clear starry sky, the cats wanting some attention, (or maybe just some food), quiet time allowing me to think and pray, the red fox that I saw beside the road, and a smooth ride into work with no road rage. Life really is good.
(6) I am adding another one on today because I have so much to be thankful for and 5 just wasn’t enough. I want to say thank you for all the great friends I have met through three great bloggers. They are Sonya (Truth for the Journey), Kat (Heart 2 Heart) and Lid (2nd cup of coffee) They, through their blogs have sent so many great people my way and I love it. Thank you all.
Have a great Thankful Thursday,