It's Wednesday, and you know what that means...

It's week number 12 for the Random Dozen so without further ado....



1. If you could master one sport, what would it be? I guess that would be running. I was a pretty fast runner when I was young and I did a little distance running after I hit 40 but I was never fast for any great distance. My best time for a half marathon was 1 hour and 45 minutes and I think that will end up being my life’s best run.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? That depends on what I am buying. For the most part though I am an impulsive buyer. That is why I hate those displays by the checkout counter. Hmmm do I need a Snuggie today? Perhaps the Slap Chop is what I am looking for?

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name? That would be Martin Cumberland. Hey I kind of like that name. It sounds a lot like Richard Chamberlin. Oops I just showed my age.

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food? I don’t know which is more eclectic, my taste in music or my taste for different foods. Giving up just the top one in either category would still leave me with lots of options. I guess I would have to pick music. Good by KC.

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference? I much prefer the yellow or even slightly green ones over the over ripe ones. I keep those to make banana bread which reminds me, it’s that time again.

6. Your favorite tree is? This is easy. I like a good oak tree. They are the best for climbing and shade. But then Ule Gibbons said a pine tree tastes pretty good.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you? About 10 years ago I would have given myself a 10 but technology is changing so fast I am most likely down around a 4 now.

8. Has H1N1 touched your family? I am not going to jinx myself by saying no to this question. I do know people who have had it.

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? I put the @nal in analytical. Sorry I had to say that. I question everything. “Inquiring minds want to know”

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala? What the heck kind of question is that? Are there no more choices? Of the three I would have to say cat. But only because I think cats are smarter than dogs or koala’s.

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago? Just a few but that comes and goes. I have gotten in touch with a few of my highschool friends but after a while we find out why we grew apart in the first place. We had nothing in common other than we went to the same school.

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why? I go for the regular lane. As I see it, the more people in front of you, the greater chance that one of them is a moron who has picked something without a price tag or two similar items with different prices which will cause the dreaded “C S M on register two” call. And there is always the chance, be it ever so slight these days, that one of the people in the regular lane will insist that you go first since you only have a few items. It is rare but it does happen sometimes. Can you say “blue moon?”

Have a Great day,
Greg

Comments

Pam said…
Richard Chamberlain, Slap Chop, Ule Gibbons, inquiring minds want to know, CSM on register two! LOL
Don't you Southerners have self-check-out down there??
Andrea said…
Great list! I would most certainly date myself if I answered. Hope you have a great day.
Blessings, andrea
Heart2Heart said…
Greg,

Love reading more about you and what makes you tick. I love your celebrity name, mine would be Ann Breakwater. Not sure if I care for that too much!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Amy said…
I love the dynamic of the check out line. It really shows people's true colors. It is the place most kids will melt down over candy or moms will give in to avoid melt down. Nice people who let other people cut with fewer items and those who stake out their spot and won't budge. Then the people who jockey for position starting out in one line and then keep changing to hopefuly shave a few minutes off their wait...and then those overhead lights start flashing indicating trouble...so much fun!!

Amy
Heidi said…
Blue Moon! Yes! I've actually had that happen to me before.

Your celebrity name is pretty cool. Mine is Jo Hillcrest- very lame.

You're right about the common ground just turning up to be "we went to the same high school" it isn't much to stand on.
H-Mama said…
Ohhh... the dreaded CSM call! ;)
Skoots1moM said…
great answers, Martin :D
The Bug said…
I say YES to the snuggie! Wait, where do you live again? Probably not...

Your movie star name is the best one I've seen yet.
Terri Tiffany said…
So what do you mean you are going in the wrong direction????
Monogram Queen said…
Hnmmmm who is Ule Gibbons?

I am home with H1N1 - woe is me!
Angie said…
Nice running time!

Loved # 2.

Martin Cumberland does evoke a different era, but I like it.

Cats are smarter, but I've never found a man to admit it! Way to go!

Love the top of your blog - fun.
Wanda said…
I love your list today Greg....
I prefer to eat my bananas yellow, but always hide a couple for banana bread.
I use to be a runner. But never anything like a marathon. Don would run the 10K and I would do the 2 mile. We did a lot of fun runs back in those days.... Now I'm good if I walk....
It doesn't matter which line I get in... it the longest !!
I know cat's are smarter than dogs, but they have such an attitude, I'll stick with being a dog!

Thanks for some fun today!
Wanda said…
Oh BTW, my movie star name is
"Mae Soderquist"
SouthLakesMom said…
Yours is the best movie name so far!

And just this evening I did have someone offer to let me go in front of him. He was buying some (very expensive imported) beer and he knew the (very young) checker would have to call someone over 21 to cash him out. Just as we were about to get close to the belt they opened another lane with someone old enough to sell the beer. A woman with a FULL cart came at full speed to jump in the line, saw the look in the eyes of the people who had been waiting on the single lane and politely said, "oh, you've been waiting, please go ahead!" So the guy and I got out of there quickly (I only had a couple of small items)
#9 made me laugh. I hope you never meet my husband!
Ileana said…
I'm an impulsive buyer myself, which is why I try to avoid shopping!

If only I could have a pine tree in my yard rather than palms, avacados and bananas.

Btw, my movie star name would be Suzette Harvard. I like that! :)
Edie said…
9. Yes we do! :)

12. Cracking up over here because I would be that moron you described! If not then I can guarantee that someone in front of me is no matter which line I choose. But I do let people with only one or two items go in front of me.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog