1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? Strictly traditional in our house. This is no time to experiment. It’s all about eating more than you can stand.
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.") Yes I am thankful for the concrete where are cars are parked. If it weren’t for that, my shoes would be all muddy right now.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for. Peace of mind knowing that I do unto others even when they sometimes don’t deserve it.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory.
One thanksgiving my father and my uncle came home with a fresh turkey. It was huge and they said they got a deal on it at the store so they couldn’t pass it up. While we were eating at my grandmother’s house, a bulletin came across the TV asking if anyone had seen some man’s pet turkey “Bob” that had escaped the day before. They said there was a reward for his return. Dad looked over at my uncle and they both smiled and my mother saw them do it. All the ladies except my grandmother quit eating. Grandma said; “Well there isn’t anything we can do about it now so let’s eat.” I loved Grandma’s logic. I loved Bob too.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? There will be a family fight when we go to a relative’s house. They always fight. I think they live to fight.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? Of course!!! Mr. T is spoiled. Will I get left-overs? Maybe.
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? Yes we join hands and someone will spontaneously say a prayer.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? I call the couch. Its nap time after lunch. Then we are off to the relative’s house.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? I can take it or leave it. My other grandmother used to make it that way.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? I think it is most likely a myth. I doubt seriously if they really did that. I think they went to Kentucky Fried Chicken and ate there.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? I would like to say pecan but I think my son ate all the shelled nuts last night.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!) Not a bit, see question #4. I don’t feel for the oysters either.
Have a great day,