Thursday, November 5, 2009
Thankful Thursday and Birthday Wishes
It’s Thursday again and truly another Thankful Thursday. I again have so much to be thankful for.
1. For starters, it’s my oldest son’s birthday. He turned 18 today and I am simply happy that he is alive. When he was born he was very ill. For the first three weeks of his life he stayed in the neonatal unit at MUSC. (Medical University of South Carolina). A few minutes after he was born, he quit breathing and was taken by Helicopter to MUSC in downtown Charleston. My wife was in the original hospital over in Mount Pleasant SC recovering from her C section. I had to leave her and drive to MUSC where I nervously waited for any news. It was several hours before I got any news at all. I spent that first night of his life praying in the waiting room. They had him in a drug induced coma with an oxygen tube in his lungs supplying him enough oxygen. My wife hadn’t even seen him yet and didn’t until the next day. It was the longest night of my life. I am so thankful that God protected him.
2. I am also thankful for the nurses and doctors at MUSC. They really are angels and saints. While we were there a number of children came and went. Most were healed but a few didn’t make it. It takes a special person to take something like that. Just hearing about the loss of a child that I didn’t even know made me sad. Those nurses sat up with and held my son every night until he was released.
3. I am thankful that I seem to be over my cold. (Finally) I went to spin class last night and managed to make it to the end with only a little wimping out. Truth is I had to slack up a little at the end but I did make it through. Next week I will do better.
4. I am thankful that I got my son’s car back together and it worked. I mean it really started and ran. I impressed myself on this one. It was way out of my comfort zone to take an engine down that far and repair it. In the end, I had no “extra” parts and all the plugs had a matching socket to plug into. Who knows what I will tackle tomorrow. Well God does but I hope He gives me a few days to rest before giving me my next assignment.
5. I am thankful for more free wood. They are cleaning up the lay down area here at work and my boss asked if I wanted all the wood that was left over from old projects. Of course I said yes so today I am bringing home the lumber. It will be a great start for the new greenhouse we are planning on building. Yes it’s another project but God knows I can do it.
Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday,