Thursday, November 12, 2009
Thankful Thursday, Bring on the rain.
The past few weeks have been cloudy here and I am not just talking about the rain. But the last few days we have had rain and lots of it. As my wife’s grandmother used to say; It’s water in the well. And since we do have a “well” that is something to be thankful for in itself. Oh by the way, we had no flood damage as the storm went past us even though I heard reports of several feet of water in the streets of downtown Charleston. (which by the way is in a lower flood danger zone) I’m just saying.
1. So the first thing I am thankful for is the girl at our insurance company. She could have been like the lady at Allstate and said; “4000 dollars, take it or leave it” but instead she did her job and got us a better rate. We are in “better hands” now.
2. I would again like to say that I am thankful for our service men and women who are protecting us at this very moment. I am truly thankful for each and every one of them. I pray that God protects them.
3. I am thankful for an outstanding spin class last night. I pushed it harder than I ever have before and It really helped to burn off some of that stress that has been following me around. And we got some good news too last night. They are changing the evening spin times to an hour earlier and different days which will make it much better for me to workout.
4. I am thankful that all the cars continue to run well. Funny thing though, my MIL’s car died the other day and it turned out to be a bad battery. That makes 5 batteries that have gone bad in the last month. Two were on the trucks, one on my car, the boat battery and then my MIL’s car battery. What in the world is going on here? Battery attack?
5. I am thankful that my hair is growing back quickly but now I am wondering what to do with it. Having it shaved off sure was convenient. We were saving on shampoo and combs too. I will have to give this some more thought as to what to do since winter is upon us. I don’t think I looked too bad with it shaven and I even got a few compliments but I am still getting used to the way I look.
Have a Great Thankful Thursday,