Ok it's actually another episode of Random Dozen sponsored by Linda at 2nd cup of Coffee. Won't you join us.
1. Its early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
Let’s change the question a little. Let’s say it is yesterday at 6 AM, there are lots of people around me and the light doesn’t change. I gave it two minutes and I ran it. Should I turn myself in?
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
My underwear but that goes without saying. I wouldn’t wear the same ones two days in a row. You know the whole getting into an accident thing. Especially when you run red lights. Other than that, No.
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
I do the last two mostly but sometimes I do follow up comments. First time visitors always get a comment back on their blog (unless I miss you in which case I am very sorry) and some regulars get emails.
4. Your favorite Disney movie is:Davy, Davy Crocket born in the wild frontier…...
5. Do you recycle?
Yes we do. I have a huge barrel for plastic and aluminum and we also recycle some other things like polystyrene. We reuse plastic bags from the grocery store down at the market.
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
I like them both. My two favorite games are Chess and Scrabble. I am pretty good at poker too but that is because I can count cards. My wife says that’s cheating.
7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Not anymore. When I was very young I did and I would sleep walk and wake up screaming. I know it was all due to childhood trauma. It was as if I was floating in a really dark place and all these hands were reaching in to me but I couldn’t touch them and they couldn’t touch me.
8. What did you learn from your first real job?
That people aren’t always who they seem to be: My boss who seemed normal at the time, later in life came out of the closet and told everyone he was gay. My co-worker’s wife, who seemed like a really nice person asked me if I wanted to come over sometime while her husband was working. I was 16 and I opted to pass on that offer.
9. Do you buy or borrow most books?
I don’t read a lot of books. The only one I read in the last 5 years was one I won from Sonya at Truth for the Journey. Oh I read the Bible too but I had that one for a long time.
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?
I tried to let my hair grow a little longer but it was too hot so I cut it short again. Just FYI, it is about a quarter of an inch long at the moment. Talk about a hippie!!
11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
The day after Thanksgiving unless I see a really good deal earlier that I can’t pass up. I haven’t seen any deals yet this year.
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?
I did that when I won a radio contest. It was one of those national contests and I was the 100th caller. I gave them all my information and then they called me right back and told me I was the winner. Right after I hung up the phone I jumped up and down. My wife came to see what was going on and I told her we just won $5000.00. We both did the happy dance.
Have a great day,