Thankful Thursday #55


That was a very good year. 1955 that is. Is it just me or is blogland getting a little vacant? I can hear an echo in here. :)Today I am thankful for the things (people) I am not.

1. I am thankful that I am not the man I saw at the gas station this morning who was counting out pennies on the counter to get 2 dollars and 67 cents worth of gas. Had I had a few more dollars in my pocket I would have offered him a few. But I put my last 10 in my tank.

2. I am thankful that I am not the person who recently ran up and stole the kettle from the Salvation Army man who was collecting in front of a store. I hope this man at least used the money to buy food for his family and didn’t spend it on drugs. I doubt that is the case though.

3. I am thankful that I am not Tiger Woods this morning. With all his talent, money and seemingly nice family it just wasn’t enough. They say money corrupts and I believe it.

4. I am thankful that I am not one of the ones sitting in Afghanistan this morning praying that no one shoots me. I am also thankful that there are those who can still do that. Now that I am older, I have lost my nerve for things like that and find myself getting much more cautious.

5. I am thankful that I am not one of the people out of work right now. I just can’t fathom that thought. But the good news is you can still receive the greatest gift of all this Christmas and it won’t cost you a dime. Remember the reason for the season; Jesus.

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Deb said…
Love your list, Greg! Have a blessed day!!
Deb
Andrea said…
Greg, this is a great list. We all have much to be thankful for and when we look around we find those who are in much worse circumstances.

Blessings and prayers, andrea
Monogram Queen said…
Okay on point 5 ... I have to remind myself of that EVERY day but I AM thankful to have "a job".

On point 3 .... I could use a little "corrupting"... but just a "little"! ;)
Carmen said…
That IS a good list. I used to be one of the ones counting out change for gas...things are much better now! It's so easy to take things for granted. Thanks for the reminder!
What a great idea for TT! I loved what you were thankful that you were not.

Sonya
Terri Tiffany said…
I like this twist! You've come up with some good ones. And I am thankful for 1955 too!! Where would I be if it hadn't arrived?LOL
I couldn't agree with you more, Greg!! Enjoy your weekend.
Andrea said…
You have a blog award at arise 2 write.
andrea
What a great list. Sorry I haven't been by in a while but I see you've been by to hear about my travels.
Enjoyed your Random Dozen too - polar bears, really?
Shef said…
its really lovely day... thanks for this posting.


ITIL change management
Anonymous said…
i really like you list. thanks for sharing this with us.



Cotton Yarn
Unknown said…
thank you.... same to you...


Daggers

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog