Thursday, December 3, 2009
Thankful Thursday #55
That was a very good year. 1955 that is. Is it just me or is blogland getting a little vacant? I can hear an echo in here. :)Today I am thankful for the things (people) I am not.
1. I am thankful that I am not the man I saw at the gas station this morning who was counting out pennies on the counter to get 2 dollars and 67 cents worth of gas. Had I had a few more dollars in my pocket I would have offered him a few. But I put my last 10 in my tank.
2. I am thankful that I am not the person who recently ran up and stole the kettle from the Salvation Army man who was collecting in front of a store. I hope this man at least used the money to buy food for his family and didn’t spend it on drugs. I doubt that is the case though.
3. I am thankful that I am not Tiger Woods this morning. With all his talent, money and seemingly nice family it just wasn’t enough. They say money corrupts and I believe it.
4. I am thankful that I am not one of the ones sitting in Afghanistan this morning praying that no one shoots me. I am also thankful that there are those who can still do that. Now that I am older, I have lost my nerve for things like that and find myself getting much more cautious.
5. I am thankful that I am not one of the people out of work right now. I just can’t fathom that thought. But the good news is you can still receive the greatest gift of all this Christmas and it won’t cost you a dime. Remember the reason for the season; Jesus.
Have a great day,