Hello everyone. It's New Years Eve and I feel like one of the toys on the Island Of Misfit Toys from the Rudolph movie. Another year has come and gone and no parties to go to on New Years. Who am I kidding, I haven't been up past 9 on a New Years Eve in years. We are not the party animal type. We are locked up in out house warm and dry and away from all the crazies that are out on the road. The family is watching a movie and I am blogging. Life is good. So here is my list for the week. Better late than never. (its 730)
1. I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a warm house. This year was a struggle for us just like a lot of people but we are still afloat.
2. I am thankful that we have lots of fire wood and it was free. My wife and kids spent all summer chopping wood and now it is paying off.
3. I am thankful to still have a job. I know so many people who are out of work but not me.
4. I am happy that we are thankful for the little things in life and that it doesn't take much to make us happy.
5. OK this one may seem a little strange but this year I am happy that my older brother is sober and not on drugs on New Years Eve. In fact this is the first year in about 35 years I can say that. Why you ask? Because he is in Jail tonight and as bad as that seems he isn't drunk. In fact he spent Christmas day in Jail too and it was the first Christmas in 35 years he was sober. He got what he wanted though...someone to take care of him.
Have a great New Year,