Thankful Thursday, New Years Eve edition.

Hello everyone. It's New Years Eve and I feel like one of the toys on the Island Of Misfit Toys from the Rudolph movie. Another year has come and gone and no parties to go to on New Years. Who am I kidding, I haven't been up past 9 on a New Years Eve in years. We are not the party animal type. We are locked up in out house warm and dry and away from all the crazies that are out on the road. The family is watching a movie and I am blogging. Life is good. So here is my list for the week. Better late than never. (its 730)

1. I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a warm house. This year was a struggle for us just like a lot of people but we are still afloat.

2. I am thankful that we have lots of fire wood and it was free. My wife and kids spent all summer chopping wood and now it is paying off.

3. I am thankful to still have a job. I know so many people who are out of work but not me.

4. I am happy that we are thankful for the little things in life and that it doesn't take much to make us happy.

5. OK this one may seem a little strange but this year I am happy that my older brother is sober and not on drugs on New Years Eve. In fact this is the first year in about 35 years I can say that. Why you ask? Because he is in Jail tonight and as bad as that seems he isn't drunk. In fact he spent Christmas day in Jail too and it was the first Christmas in 35 years he was sober. He got what he wanted though...someone to take care of him.

Have a great New Year,
Greg

Comments

Unknown said…
May Twenty-Ten be kind to you and your family. May your brother find a new life, free of drugs and alcohol.
~AM
Happy New Year, Greg.

It's a shame when it takes that much to wake us up (referring to your brother), but if that's what it takes...

Have a super evening! (It's 11:00) We're almost there! :-)
Happy New Year...here's praying that this is the best year EVER for you and your family. Special blessings on your brother. My husband has a half brother who is "challenged" in many ways, so we can certainly sympathize.
larkswing said…
Happy New Year!!

As I laid down last night, knowing my 19 year old stepson had headed out to a party, and knowing that much alcohol and probably more chemicals would alter his state, I wondered how to pray. I prayed first that no one else would be hurt by any at that party. And I prayed that they would get caught, that a speed bump (metaphorically speaking)would wake them up. It is such a challenge to watch someone you love on a dangerous path - as you have obviously done for so many years. I pray your brothers break from the chemicals will be one that stays.

May 2010 be full of blessings for you - good health, prosperity, joy and peace (and more fire wood for next winter!!)
B His Girl said…
I pray you take a 'giant' step in 2010. B
Edie said…
I'm late but Happy New Year to you and yours!

I'm sorry for your brother but I pray God will use this to speak to his heart. I will pray for him and all of you.

May you be abundantly blessed in 2010 my friend!!
Heckety said…
I agree on no.4- I think it makes us the lucky ones.
No.5 My gran and family would so agree with you on that one in years gone by, so it makes total sense to me.
poorbeggar said…
http://poorbeggar.blogspot.com/
Help us!
Wanda said…
Hey Greg ~~ Good thankful list. We stayed home to celebrate 2010. I was asleep at 12:05 ~~ Happy New Year.

You brother reminds me of my husbands father and brother that both lived a life of drinking, and both died way to early with heart attacks!
I pray your brother will begin a new journey in 2010.

Glad to leave 2009 with all the health issues and looking forward to a great 2010 enjoying some hobbies I left on the back burner last year. I even opened an Art Blog to accodate that hobby!

Blessing on you, and looking forward to all your posts this year.
Monogram Queen said…
Happy 2010 to you and yours Greg and hey, blessings come in all forms don't they!
Hey, I was feeling bad about not dropping by but see you're posting about as often as me. Thanks for making me feel less guilty!!

#5 I understand about your brother, believe me.

#3 Is it wrong of me to be glad in this very cold January weather that I don't still have a job?


Hope you had a Happy New Year.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog