Thursday, December 17, 2009
Thankful Thursday the week before Christmas
With Christmas just a little over a week away, there is so much to be thankful for but I will try to keep this to only 5 things. Please Join us over at Truth for the Journey in being Thankful today. (I am assuming Sonya is doing it this week. I may have egg on my face)
(1) It was a brisk 35 degrees here in Charleston this morning so the first thing I have to be thankful for is all the wood that my wife and youngest son cut up this past summer. The living room was nice and toasty this morning and after adding a little more wood it got even toastier. Mr. “T”, our cat was enjoying the warmth and I had to force him to go out to do his morning thing. I am sure he is begging to get back in as I write this.
(2) I am thankful for this nice cup of coffee that I am enjoying right now. After my mad dash from the parking lot to my office without a jacket I am finally starting to thaw out a bit and this coffee feels great inside. I tried giving it up a few times but I always come back for more. I got to have my coffee.
(3) I am happy that Christmas is next week and that we are still allowed to say Christmas here at work. So far there has been no mention of banning the word Christmas. I know some businesses have done that but thankfully not ours. If they do decide to do that I will insist on being paid in gold. After all that money that they pay me with has the words “In God we trust” on it and I don’t want to be offended. Ahem
(4) I am thankful that I get to attend my son’s Christmas concert tonight. The middle school band is giving a Christmas concert tonight and he is playing in it. This should really get me in the Christmas mood. And I was happy to find out that they are playing some “Christmas” songs.
(5) I am thankful that this Saturday is the last Market day for several months. It has been a long market season. Now the big question is do I want to continue going there next year or do I give it up and spend more time at home? It will be a difficult decision but I am leaning toward giving it up. Money isn’t everything.
I almost forgot, I have photos. These are the ornaments that the elderly woman who was a friend of ours made and our angel.
Have a great day,