Under Attack

Apparently using the word 0pp0rtunity in your blog title is an open invitation for scammers to attack you. I have had very few scammers on my blog since I started writing. However last night I got 5 scam comments which is more than all the others combined. So be forewarned when you use certain O words.

I think that deer read my blog;

This morning I had yet another deer dart out and almost run into my car. Ironically it was a few hundred feet from where the car almost hit me yesterday. The animal world has gone crazy I tell you.

Now for the good news....

The dentist visit was a huge success. He put the filling back into my tooth and I didn't even need gas. He was able to smooth the other tooth off and I will be returning to his office next Monday to get that one fixed. He didn't want to numb both sides of my face at the same time. He also used a different type of band that didn't cut into my lip. It makes me wonder why the other dentists always use the other one. I am reminded of the movie; Little Shop of Horrors.

The girls in the office brought in goodies today. And now that my mouth is feeling better I can enjoy them. Now I just have to decide if I want another warm Krispy Kreme doughnut or some more homemade pecan sandies. Talk about a tough decision. Wait, I can have both. Life is good.

Happy Tuesday everyone,
Greg

Comments

B His Girl said…
I recently received some scam stuff also. They are out there even more at this time of year. Glad your visit at the dentist was much better. Merry Christmas Greg to you and your family. I pray 2010 holds many blessing for you. B
Monogram Queen said…
Glad to hear you got your dental problems solved. Little Shop Of Horrors is right! I like my dentist but am still not a fan of the work. The burnt smell when they drill almost undoes me every time!
About the deer, not alot you can do. I don't think those little black bullet-shaped things you can put on the front of your car work either.
Enjoy the treats - I hope me& Maddie can bake some cookies tonight!
Heidi said…
It's good not to need gas. And to have working teeth.

As far as scams go, last night I came home from shopping for towel bars for the bathroom and there was a phone message on my machine- a man's voice- saying that he stopped over to see if my bathroom project was legit., that he tried to get in, but the doors were locked and that he would be back.

I broke into a cold sweat on the spot, thinking a stalker picked me out of a trillion bloggers to "get"! Ended up, it was just my neighbor joking around, but yes, he had read the blog and seen the pics of the bathroom project on there.

Hmmm. Makes me wonder...

Keep on the lookout for deer xing and be ready to yield.
Edie said…
I think the scammers are in full force right now. I had to put up the dreaded word verification. Hmmm, maybe that's why they're visiting you now instead of me. :D

Dentistry has changed a lot over the years and I'm not convinced it's for the better. Glad your visit went well.
I haven't had any scammers, or readers for that matter, but I do have someone/thing trying to leave a comment in Japanese or Chinese (I can't tell the difference) on an old post. I keep rejecting them, but there's a new one every day. Never happened to me before.

Watch out for those deer...be safe and Merry CHRISTmas!
You are much braver than me....I need gas just to have my teeth cleaned! I am a big wimp!! :o) Glad that you are feeling better and that the deer stayed his distance...you are a big deer magnet!!
Rena Jones said…
I've had a few scammers lately too. I posted about some back pain I had and then got several scams from some loon trying to sell meds overseas. Glad to hear your DDS trip went well. I've had my share of that lately, and get to go back next week too.
Kelly said…
I've had lots of scammers visit my blog lately too.

Mmmm, Krispy Kreme!
Hi Greg! I'm greatly relieved that your dental appointment went well. Now go easy on those pecan sandies.

Egads!
Carmen said…
Glad your dental visit was successful! The goodies sound delectable! As for the animal world...perhaps they need some yellow signage "Caution: Car Crossing Ahead."
Beth Herring said…
Glad your dental woes are being taken care of. Last week I had 3 fillings (yes 3 - I know i need to cut out the sweets!) and I had both side of my mouth numb on top and one side on bottom. I couldn't even feel my eye! But at least I got it all through at one time.

Have a Merry Christmas Greg!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog