You know, I said that in 2010 I was going to break away from the pack with my blog but here I am doing the Random Dozen again. But then my answers are the best as evidenced by all the emails I get telling me so. That’s right you aren’t alone when you send me that email telling me how great I am. Did you believe that? I didn’t think so but it sounded good. So without further ado here I go with the first Random Dozen of 2010:
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Generally I am about a 2 but you know it is really cold this morning and I don’t like cold weather. Today I will put myself at a 10 just because I want to complain today.
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
Excuse me, did you say something? Sorry I wasn’t listening. Seriously it depends on who is doing the talking. When some people talk I am simply thinking; Is this guy every going to shut up? Not you Linda.
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
Emails are at the top of my list too. I have 1200 in my mailbox and 1800 in my deleted file. I am also going through my sheds this month and throwing away tons of stuff. I may try to sell it first on Craigslist though. Anyone need a thingamabob that doesn’t work? Call me.
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I don’t wear perfume. I wear cologne. I hardly ever wear that though. I guess you could say I wear English leather or…… I have all I need though ladies so please stop sending it to me.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
If you have something you haven’t used in over 6 months, throw it out. Chances are you don’t need it. Of course the day after you throw it out you will need it. That’s just the way it is.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
I really don’t like comic strips. Hard to believe isn’t it considering how funny I am. (hearing pin drop) I occasionally chuckle at Calvin and Hobbs. Like the one where Calvin is at the door yelling; “MOM..MOM..MOM” and his mother tells him not to yell and that if he has something to tell her to come inside and tell her to her face. So he walks in, across the carpet, to where she is sitting on the couch and says “I got dog poo on my shoes, can you help me get it off?” I love that one.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
I go to bed to sleep. When my head hits the pillow, be it soft and fluffy or flat I go to sleep. I prefer something in the middle but after about two minutes it doesn’t matter anyway.
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
It’s the same color as the rest of the house. Egg Shell. It has been that color so long I really don’t remember who picked it.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
I like; “If you can read this introduce yourself. You are too darn close.” I changed one of the words to make it G rated.
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
Hmmm since I don’t know what a Montblanc is I have to say I am more the Papermate type. That being said I usually use whatever the vendors give me. I get flooded with free pens at work.
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
I really enjoy gardening. (When it is warm that is) Having to go out to the greenhouse at 4 am in 24 degree weather just to put wood in the fire isn’t fun but I do it.
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
My father used to say; “For crying out loud in the sink.” What that means I will never know.
My mother used to say; “If you lie with dogs you get up with fleas.” She doesn’t listen to her own advice.
Have a great day,