Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Random Dozen, Freestyling……
Where does the time go? It has been almost a week since I posted on my blog. My family has even become concerned because I haven’t blogged. That’s saying something. Life has just been so busy for me that I haven’t had a chance to write. So in an effort to redeem myself I will do the Random Dozen thingie throwing in a little extra humor this week for good measure. Please forgive me Lid.
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
In the ramble above I am going to substitute Bono for Bon Jovi because I don’t like either and it makes for a better story. (to tell the truth I don’t know the difference)
Only my son knows why I hate this question. But for the rest of you, I will fill you in on why and it has nothing to do with what the question is asking. All last year we had a neighbor at the market. I hate to use real names so I will just call him Lee since that is his real name and he doesn’t blog.
Anywhoo he got tickets to see the above named person (Bono, Bon Jovi, what’s the difference) who I really don’t care for in of all places Dublin Ireland. So every Saturday, for about three months, all we heard was him telling everyone who would listen that he was going to see Bono. And then he would ask “if there was one place you could see him where would it be” and they would say “ummmm I don’t know” so he would say “Dublin Ireland” and then he and whoever he would happened to be bragging to would geegaa like “you are kidding me” and “OMG No” etc etc.
Well after months of this nonsense I had my fill. (long story short he had bought two tickets to the concert along with airline tickets and hotel tickets to impress some girl and she backed out so he was going alone) So I started thinking that it was a long way to go to see a concert so when he would ask someone where the best place to see them in concert would be I would blurt out “North Charleston because it’s only a few miles and you wouldn’t have to pay for a hotel and airline tickets.” Of course they ignored me but I still said it and it made me feel better. End of story.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
Another easy question: Revenge. I can serve it with the best of them and you will eat it without even knowing it. I am not one to get even in public. I am more the subtle type that gets revenge without you knowing it. Like when someone at work that usually treats me badly then asks for a favor…Oh I’m sorry I can’t help you with that project, I have a ton of computer work to do. (yea like blogging and reading emails) Just kidding people, just kidding. Or am I?
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Add some yellow. Because yellow and blue make green and that is such a positive color. I like blue but I like green better. When I was a child I liked aqua the best. I think that is because I am a water person. Being a Leo and a water person could explain the uneasy feelings I sometime get.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Does a wedding count? I always dance at weddings. I also did a little quick dance down at the market.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
I don’t even need to answer this. "I like dreamin cause dreamin can make you mine!"
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
We all know what the obvious answer this is but this is a G-rated blog (Lid’s not mine) so I will have to say…. I really don’t have an answer to this. I feed them well. Does that count?
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
“You haven’t seen the last of Earnest T. Bass.” He always cracked me up. Like the time he said he was going to get a gold tooth in the front. Andy asked him what was wrong with the tooth and he said “nothing, I am going to have it knocked out so I can get a gold tooth there.” He invented grillage.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I wrote a long answer to this question but then erased it. I would have to give myself a 6 or 7 on this question. Let’s just say that I know enough about him to know that the ideals he spoke of were great but the actions he lived by told another story. Enough said.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from inside you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Olivia you crack me up. Speeders Peeve me. Why don’t they just leave earlier if they want to get somewhere earlier? Why can’t I drive the speed limit in the fast lane since anyone who I would be holding up is a criminal?
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
They call me mellow yellow. See questions 3 and 9. I am feeling great today. I had a good spin class last night and I have no aches or pains this morning. L/G (lifes good)
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
I think if she had her choice she would be some kind of cat. Like a cheetah or a panther but not a Tiger. No one wants to be Tiger these days. Ahem (insert laughter)
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Daydreaming. When I get bored I daydream.
Have a great day,