Thankful Thursday, Old habits


It's Thursday and another chance to be thankful. I have the day off but I still wanted to participate in Thankful Thursday. However when I just visited Sonya's blog I didn't see a Thankful Thursday post. But since I am still thankful and I am in the habit of taking time out to be thankful I am going to post my list anyway.

First off I am obviously thankful for having a day off and for having a job that pays me to have a day off. I will be working on my roof today but it is still nice not to have to drive into work.

I am thankful for warmer weather. Tonight, for the first time in several weeks it isn't going to freeze. It is 27 here at the moment but the sun us up and it will be warmer soon.

I am thankful that my house is nice and warm. I got up early and built a nice fire and it feels great in our house. I also built a fire in the greenhouse and it is up to 75 degrees. The plants are loving it.

I am thankful that I am healthy and that I have food for our table. Even though we are struggling we are still afloat.

I am really thankful that I am not in Hatti this morning although I do wish there was something I could do to help out. We should focus our prayers in that direction I think,

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

SusanD said…
I'm right there w/you on the temperature. Seriously tired of single digits! Thankfully, we're back up to average....mid 40s. Hope you get your roof project done and be safe. Blessings, SusanD
Beth Herring said…
Thankful myself for a nice, warm home. We certainly take it for granted sometimes!

Love your thankful heart. Enjoy your day off and don't fall off the roof!
Better to be thankful, I always say. :)
Debbie said…
It's hard not to be thankful when you see those photos from Haiti. What devastation.
Like you, I am thankful for my (mostly) warm house and I'm ready for spring!
Heckety said…
'focus our prayers'- that's a real prayer warrior battle call; I'm going to write it down because it sums up what we all can do. Thank you.
I am so thankful it is getting warmer, my little toes could not stand another day of this cold. Great list :)
Heart2Heart said…
Greg,

What a great list! I am sure your family is so thankful for the roof repairs to keep them warm and happy as the winter season still has some life left in it.

We can always give to those groups that reside in Haiti, our churches and missionaries that will be there long after the Red Cross and other agencies are gone.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Amy said…
Have a very nice day off and I hope that next Thursday you are thankful that your roof if fixed!!

Amy
Kelly said…
Great list Greg. Sonya had blogger issues this morning, but it is fixed now.

I posted a list too.

Have a great day!
Wanda said…
Thanks for your thankful post each Thursday... It is always a good reminder to be thankful, and make my own list.

We visited with friends this week in our backyard, sun shinning with ice tea. I see the frozen pictures of our friends in the East, and am thankful for warm weather.

I to feel for the tragedy in Hatti. Prayers big time, and I think we will send a donation to Samaritians Purse, as I trust that organization to get the money to the ones that need it.
Wanda said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
I am very thankful for warmer weather also...I was so excited to see all that the snow was melted except a very little bit today when I got home from work.

I am glad you enjoyed your day off!
I've been so thankful for a warm home too, Greg! And those poor people in Haiti could sure use our prayers.
Susan Skitt said…
So good to be thankful Greg. We all need that. It's so nice to read about the little blessings that God gives in our lives. It's so easy for me to complain, but when we stop, look, and listen, we will see all the good things that God has given.

Good to read here today. Have a great weekend!
Edie said…
I am thankful for the person who invented flannel sheets. :)
Unknown said…
it is very nice informative post thanks for sharing us.

Utility Trailer Parts Sale
Unknown said…
its informative post thanks for sharing with us.

swords

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog