Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Random Dozen Spring edition.
The theme is Spring . . . and any other random questions that crept in. Lid is spending some time with a friend so we have a substitute leader today. Just follow the links and you will get there.
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
This is easy: “YARD SALE” These signs tend to pop up in spring as people clean out their garages.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
Yes I remembered. It didn’t impact me at all.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
Cucumbers. With any luck by the time I post this, they will be in the ground.
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
I would love to grow peaches but I have tried and they take a lot of work. Mine always do well for a year or two but then get a fungus and die.
5. What is your least favorite insect?
Stink bugs. They DON’T taste like chicken. My regular readers know what I am talking about.
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
If I do drink bottled water I really don’t care what brand it is. Usually I will buy a bottle when I am desperate but then I refill it from the tap and keep using it over and over. No one needs to know.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
Yes. When we were in Dominica Republic they said not to drink the water. We drank other things like fruit juice.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
Not enough I am sure. Maybe 2 or 3.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
Only on TV and I was not impressed. There is no such thing as magic. It is all illusion and trickery. Sort of like what just happened in Washington. Wait did I say that? Sorry I couldn’t resist.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
No and I don’t intend to do it anytime soon.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?
You spelled Gangsta wrong. I love the old Clint Eastwood westerns. Remember this?
Your wanted Wales?
Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
A man's got to do something for a living these days.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy
(From The Outlaw Josey Wales.)
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
Well I have been to most of them but I will say New Mexico. I love deserts and I think there are some down there. I have been to enough cold wet places. I could use some desert weather right about now.
Have a great day,