April fools. My father used to say; April fools has gone past and you're the biggest fool at last. I guess that applies. Anywhoo here we go with the first Random Dozen in April.
1. Define a great relationship. Two great things that go great together. Kind of like salt and pepper, ketchup and mustard, Tom and Jerry. Wait that last one didn’t go together all that well. But you know what I mean. Seriously Diane and I have a great relationship. We are identical in some ways but totally different in others so we keep each other in check.
2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?) That would be two plain McChicken sandwiches. It’s one of the few things my youngest will eat. But the real question should be why not drive-by’s. I mean when was the last time you actually drove "through" something. Now that I think of it, the only real drive through I have ever seen was an ABC liquor store down in Florida. You actually drive into the building. That was a very long time ago though and I doubt they still do that.
3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)
I am really not a dog person so I will say my favorite dog is Oscar Mayor. And not those beef things either, the real ones.
4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
I currently live in a state of confusion but I wouldn’t mind moving to Texas. Texas has always fascinated me.
5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have eaten less of that salmonella salad. Mom used to cut up chicken on a wooden cutting board, rinse it briefly and then cut up the salad on the same board. I thought it was normal to get the flu about once a month. No kidding.
6. Who's the funniest person you know?
Me. I make myself laugh sometimes. Ok not true. I make myself laugh all the time.
7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
Not even close. I am running on caffeine right now. It’s 8:15 pm and I am about to go to bed. (update. It's now 5 am and although I could use a little more sleep I slept better last night)
8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?
Why is this alarm going off when I want to sleep?
9. Grilled or Fried? –HONESTLY
Linda I am from the south. There is only one way….Fried.
10. Are you afraid of the dark?
Most defiantly. I have been that way all my life. I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do I do.
11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a forest ranger. I thought it would be pretty cool to sit up in one of those big towers and watch for fires. It's the picture I had in my head of what a forest ranger did. I will write about the incident that changed my mind in another post.
12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?
People have always used the word Friendly to describe me so I will go with that. I have always been friendly but when I was younger I was shy so it took me a while to meet someone. Once I did, we usually became friends.
Have a great day,