Thankful Thursday


It's spring and it's Thursday so it is time again to be thankful. I could focus on the fact that I am suffering from bad allergies but I will instead of be thankful for the good things in life.

I am thankful for the warm weather we are having. I have my garden planted and everything is coming up. It won't be long and we will be eating fresh veggies.

I am thankful for a great day at the Market. We had an outstanding day last Saturday which we really needed. I am praying the good fortune continues.

I am again thankful for Patients. I think my patients is growing stronger. A lot of people have short fuses these days but I have managed to keep mine unlit. I take a few moments, and think about what I am about to say or do and I usually decide I will be the bigger person. I thank God for giving me strength in this area.

I am thankful that I have the determination to get back in shape. It's 345 am. I only got 4 hours sleep last night. I am running on adrenalin but I am heading to the gym this morning. It's something I have to do for myself. Wish me luck.

I am thankful that my brother in law is doing ok. He had a mild heart attack over the weekend and is in ICU. Hopefully by the time most of you read this, he will be back home. Keep praying that this is the case.

In case you noticed that this is dated Wednesday, I started this last night so I could go to the gym this morning. Am I dedicated or crazy?

As an added note, it took me 4 tries to get Mr. Linky hooked up. It's going to be a long day. :)

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Heidi said…
Kudos for taking the high road with impatient people. Patience is hard to come by, hard to find when you really need it- so you're doing very, very well.

As for the little sleep you get and then sacrificing the extra you could get to go to the gym- that never ceases to amaze me. That is some kind of will power.

I wrote my thankfuls last night and tried to use that post option where you pick the time you want it to post.I set it to post on April 8 12:00 AM, but when I checked this morning, it hadn't posted. Guess I don't know how to turn it on or something.
Beth Herring said…
greg - always thanks for doing this! I always love your posts. You seem to find just the right mix of reality and humor to keep people coming back for more. When you write that book - I'll be signed up to get the first copy!
achildoftheking said…
Greg, I can relate! Praise God you've done well on holding your temper. We could all learn a thing or two about that. Happy Thursday.
JCBeliever said…
Praying for your brother-in-law.
Edie said…
I wanted to stop in and say hello. I haven't been a very good bloggy friend lately. Life if getting in the way of fun right now but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

I hope your BIL is doing better now.
Yay for your garden!
You are dedicated and we are blessed because of it. :)

Have a great weekend!
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to. If I have posted this on your blog before please forgive me. Sometimes it ain't easy being an Old Geezer.

God Bless You, Ron
Sandy said…
Greg, Thank you so much for this post and for hosting TT.
I made a mistake in my link. I think I put 2019 for the year or something like that. Can you fix it for me?
Wanda said…
Greg I love it that you are dedicated and crazy... My kind of man!


Have a great weekend friend!
Great dedication! Thursdays are the perfect day during the week to give thanks. Most of us are ending the work week, getting ready for the weekend and sometimes we forget to stop and reflect.
You and your family is in my prayers.
Anonymous said…
This is AWESOME! Praise God!!!
prashant said…
Patience is hard to come by, hard to find when you really need it- so you're doing very, very well.
data entry work from home

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog