Memorial Day photos

Well we had an absolutely wonderful Memorial Day. I got up early and we worked from sunup to sundown. But then to me this day isn't about having a good time. It is about remembering those who died so that we could spend the day with our families. And I did get to spend the day with my family and they worked right along side of me. One of the things we did today was to work in our gardens. So here are a few photos that I took today. I hope you enjoy them.

This is a water lily in our pond.



This is one the cats that we rescued. His name is Tigger Tiger.



This is one of our day lilies. It is called Plum Crazy



This is a pink Day lily.



This day lily is called an Orange Sherbet.



This is a Purple Mexican Petunia with a moth in it.



This day lily is called Lemonade



This is our main Hydrangea. It can change from pink to blue if you change the PH of the soil.



This is a French Hydrangea





I caught this Dragon Fly by our fish pond.




Check out how big our chickens have gotten.




This is a Chevron daylily.



And finally this is an Angel Wing Begonia.




I hope you had a very special Memorial Day,
Greg

Comments

Those are beautiful pictures, Greg. My hydrangea is just now, right now, opening up. Seems a liiiiiitle late to me. :-)

That French Hydrangea is GORgeous!

And lastly, I wanted to say to you that even though it is Memorial Day (as opposed to Veteran's Day), still, thank you for your service to this country in preserving our freedom.

It is my sincere desire that we as a nation will "cowboy up" and not let those freedoms for which so many have fought and died just slip away.

At any rate, your service is appreciated. Hope you had a great day with your family...you earned it.
Carmen said…
Nice photos! Cute kitty. You are obviously a master gardener! I plunk it in the garden, and if it grows...I'm ecstatic! :)
Happy Memorial Day!
Wanda said…
Well what a delightful floral tour! Loved your garden and green thumb!!

Sounds like you had a really good day!
Heckety said…
Lovely photos, lovely flowers...but why am I NOT surprised to find a Day Lily in your patch called 'Plumb Crazy'???
The Bug said…
Beautiful pictures! Sometime I'd like to see a picture of your landscaping - the long view. I'll bet it's gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog