Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Random Life, Random Dozen
I am participating in the Random Dozen meme over at Second Cup of Coffee again this week. As usual I haven't a clue where she gets the theme or the questions. But I play along anyway just to amuse her. :) So without further ado:
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
There are so many things I could say here, it is hard to pick just one. Right now I am procrastinating on a report my boss wants. I finally figured how to handle the things I don’t want to do. If you put the ball in someone else’s court you can sit idly by while they procrastinate. It works try it.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
I usually fall asleep in less than 5 minutes. However I am up off and on all night.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
I think the 70’s were pretty hip. There is nothing like jeans with stuff written all over them when the bottom is frayed. I was cool.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
“Off the cuff humor.” Almost every day at work, someone will make a totally moronic statement and I can’t help but come back with a witty remark. I make a lot of people laugh. Now if we are talking real food, I would have to say lasagna. I do make a mean one.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
Not usually but sometimes I see something I just have to have. It’s usually food. You should never shop while hungry. Last week I went grocery shopping at the commissary. I wanted to get some sardines because I have been reading about how good they are for you. I came home with some sardines in Louisiana hot sauce. How could anyone resist them? (note to self; Don’t buy them again)
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
I want a simple funeral. Nothing too fancy. Just a 5 mile procession on a mule drawn wagon being lead by a Dixieland band playing a dirge, When we get to our house they break into “When the Saints go marching in” and everyone has a big party. (notice I said “we”. I plan on being there) Well duh, it’s my party. As I said, nothing fancy.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Oh you don’t even want to go there. Ok I know this is bad but lately I have been in a mood and what I really need is to see someone who does something stupid get what’s coming to him. I just saw it on the internet. That guy that ran out on the field at the baseball game and got tazed. I like that. Simple but enjoyable entertainment.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Pumpernickel with lots of butter.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Fear??? I guess it would be grumpiness. I have my moments now but I would hate to be that way all the time.
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Is wealth a trait? Right now I could use a little extra pocket money. I think I am the way I want to be most of the time.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
I really can’t relate to a room. I am more of the outside type of person.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
Balance? What is that? I just try to do it all and usually fail.
Have a great day,