Thankful Thursday, Welcome Visitors


It's Thursday and time for another edition of Thankful Thursday. It hasn't been a good week for me or so it seems. God is surely testing me. And I have to admit I lost my cool at first. But in the end I decided to let it all go and let Him handle everything. If this is what you have planned for me God then I am thankful that you think I am worth testing.

My fist item of thankfulness today may sound kind of strange. I am as always thankful for all my new visitors and followers. However, I have recently picked up a bunch of foreign followers. I have a confession: I only know how to speak/read English. So although everyone is welcome here, please leave your comments in English so I can respond. Please.

I am thankful this week for the biggest test of my life. Can you say IRS Audit? I think the remaining hair that I have that wasn't gray is now turning. But you know what? This too will pass and the good news is there will be no IRS in heaven. All our debts will be paid. Please God give me a sign that this is true.

I am thankful for another great weekend at the market. Although life is getting hard we are making it. I am thankful for every opportunity that I get. Repeat after me; Hard work is good for you.

I am thankful for the little things in life that make me laugh. Like when someone said in reference to Cinco de Mayo: "I thought that was in February." No that would be Cinco De Febrero.

And finally I am thankful for all the rain we had this past week. You should see my garden. Wait you will this weekend. I am going to take photos. Right now we have squash, tomatoes, peppers and cukes on the vine.

Have a Great day,
Greg

Comments

Mary said…
LOL at the Cinco de Mayo comment! Glad things are going well at the market!
Beth Herring said…
Great post Greg - as usual. I am still laughing at the Cinco de mayo comment! Isn't is funny how we say stupid things like that when we open our mouths before stopping to think??

You are a blessing my friend,

Praying for your meeting with the IRS.

Beth
Heckety said…
I enjoyed your Thankfuls! And the bit about testing- so true! I'm thankful I remembered Thursday this week!
Thank you for hosting this...it is so refreshing to write about what we are thankful for. Sometimes with the crazyiness of life, we seem to forget all the things that we are truly blessed with!!
Wanda said…
Even in the bad weeks, we can find things to be thankful for...So glad you did and shared them with us.

I get a view comments in another language, feel the same as you!

Hope this turns out to be a great weekend for you.
Robin Lambright said…
My green beans and corn are up and my tomatoes are doing well. I started an herb gardn this year as well. I am glad that I got a better start this year. I hope to have better success this year than last. We had rain all day on Monday or Tuesday, can't remember which but it really did the garden good!

You'll be iterested in this as well. We have started a local co-op garden and all the veggie's harvested will go to the local food bank. I can't wait to pick the first tomato and take it to the co-op! It's a big garden about two acres! YEA!!!!

Blessings
R
Hi Greg! Happy National Prayer Day- I pray that those foreign followers to your blog find whatever they need or are looking for!
The Bug said…
Yikes about the audit! Hope it goes well.

Your garden sounds yummy - can't wait to see the pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog