Thankful Thursday, Fall edition.


Well I had a funny post all ready and then I realized that it was time for Thankful Thursday. So you will have to wait a few days for that post. So here we go again with the top 5 things I am thankful for this week. Well they may not always be the top 5 but they are the first 5 that popped into my brain.

I am thankful that we are starting to get some cooler weather. Although I don’t mind hot days and I prefer them to cold, I do like spring and fall. And even though fall precedes winter it is my favorite because of the lack of pollen. I still suffer from hay fever so spring can be miserable for me.

I am thankful that my family caught fish last weekend. It is always nice to have fresh fish and even nicer when they are free and you know where they came from.

I am thankful that my garden is still doing well even in the cooler weather. I have a bunch of peppers ready for picking. I have some really hot ones and some sweet ones too. Last Friday my wife made chili with some of my peppers and it was awesome. I have the recipe if anyone wants it.

I am thankful that I have the sense to avoid dangerous situations. The other day, late in the evening, just about dark this young man was driving his four wheeler down the road with no headlights on. And it was camouflaged to boot so it was just about impossible to see. I almost pulled out in front of him and I was driving a pickup truck. I know who would have lost in that accident.

I am thankful for the awesome mornings we have been having lately. This morning I saw a great horned owl on my drive to work and then there was that awesome sliver of moon just before dawn. With clear skies like that, winter isn’t far off but I am still thankful.

Have a great day and please join me in being thankful.

Greg

Comments

Wanda said…
Good things to be thankful for Greg.

We had rain today, and for that I'm very thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog