Thankful Thursday (Thanksgiving)


Where does the time go? This was a short week for most of us and now it is Thursday already. I woke up early to start getting everything ready for our Thanksgiving meal. Most of the stuff was made ready last night but it was a good excuse to get up and get some coffee in me. All I have left to do is stuff the turkey and get it in the oven. And yes I do still stuff mine just because it is tradition. I make my own stuffing too using fresh herbs and I don't think you can beat the flavor.

So the first thing I am thankful for today is that it is Thanksgiving and I was able to buy everything I needed for this meal.

I am also thankful that I have a family to enjoy the meal with. Last night I stopped by Home Depot to get a few things. As I was checking out, I asked the lady at the counter if she was all ready for Thanksgiving. She said; Yes, kind of, I have a chicken to bake. She then followed up by saying that she had several invitations but that she felt that this year it would be best to spend the day alone. I have a feeling that she recently lost her husband or something like that. I thought about asking her to join us but I lost my nerve.

I am thankful that I haven't given up on fixing my wife's car. In case you didn't know, her transmission went out so I pulled it to replace a seal. I put it all back together and it ran great for about 40 miles. But then the seal went out again so now I have to pull it again. However even though this sounds like a setback, I determined that the transmission was good and I feel good about having the ability to do such a thing. I am thinking I can get it done this time in a much shorter time.

I am thankful that my mother is still with us this Thanksgiving. By "with us" I mean that she is still alive but she is down in Florida. I will be hosting my MIL this Thanksgiving. It is just going to be the 5 of us and I like it small like that.

Lastly I am thankful for this great weather we have been having. Right now it is 60 degrees and it is supposed to get into the 70's today with no rain. That means I can cook my turkey on the grill like I have done for as long as I can remember. The menu for today is;

Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce and of course pumpkin and cherry pie. We are keeping it light this year. haha

Have a great Thanksgiving,
Greg

Comments

Beth Herring said…
posted mine a day early cause I wasn't sure if you would do it today! had computer issues and couldn't get blogger to load the meme picture.... still thankful though. He is so good!

Happy Thanksgiving Greg to you and your family.
Rusty said…
Happy Thanksgiving, Greg and family. My you be filled with joy! ATB!
Wanda said…
Sounds like your are the Chef with the gourmet touch. My stuffing was so good this year. I make my own cornbread, and fresh herbs too..It just has the flavor.

And the gravy...Oh my goodness, I could drink that gravy.

Tomorrow night Turkey Pot Pie and then the leftovers are no more!!

Blessing on you and your family!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog