Isn't outsourcing great?

Please allow me to complain but I promise it will be short and to the point. Is it just me or is everyone outsourcing these days? And I have nothing against talking with someone from India or Brazil but when I am trying to communicate with someone about something technical wouldn't it be better to talk to someone who speaks the same language? And I think it should be their primary language not a second language.

The other day I called a company that had the word American in the name. So when I called the 800 number I assumed that since it was American XYZ company I would dial through to someone in America. Wrong. The person on the other end was in India and we had trouble communicating. She kept saying; So what you are asking is......and I kept saying no. After about a half hour I gave up.

A few months ago I called a company in California and they had a Mexican operator. Now how smart is that? So the first person you talk to in California is from Mexico and doesn't speak English very well.

Now a friend of mine, actually two friends of mine have told me that I can ask for an operator in the United States and they have to connect me to one. Does anyone know if that is true. I mean I like talking with people from other countries but not when I am trying to do business. And that won't help with the California thing.

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Carmen said…
Hi Greg! :) Well, I sure hope someone can tell you the answer to that, because I'd sure like to know! So annoying!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog