Thankful Thursday

You know I have said it before and I will say it again. I could sit here pouting and complaining about all the things that have gone wrong today, this week, this month and this year but I'm not going to do it. I still have a choice and my choice is to be thankful for the little things in life.

Take this afternoon for example. My chipper shreader needs repairs so I spent the entire afternoon, from the moment I got home until it was dark working on it. So what could be the positive side of this? Well just before I began working, I put a pile of pears from my tree out back by the woods. About a half hour later, I saw something brown out there. Ok I didn't have my glasses on which is why I only saw something brown. I picked up my binoculars and guess what I saw? A good sized doe with twin fawns. About a half hour passed and they were joined by another doe and then by a buck. All in my back yard. Take that city folks. :)

No it didn't help me fix the chipper shreader but it did make me feel good seeing the deer in the yard. I am so thankful that I live in the country where I can see God's creatures like that.

Have a great day,
Greg

Comments

Wanda said…
Hi Greg.. I would be thankful to see deer and fawns in my back yard too. Our daughter that lives in Brooking OR gets to see deer in her back yard too.

Sorry, I haven't visited for a while. Having some of my own medical issues...gall stones. I tell you pain really motivates you, so I'm changed my eating habits drastically, and on a excertise program at the YMCA and have dropped 22 pounds and feel great. Just hope this new lifestyle will keep me from having surgery. Have a doctors appt. tomorrow to discuss my options.

Have a great weekend.
Beth Herring said…
i just love that YOU love GOd's creatures so much! I also look at a deer in amazement, not while drooling about putting gravy on him! ha!

love you Greg!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog