Stalkers beware

This internet thing is just a fad:

That’s what I thought when it first came out. I figured that it would be around for a short time and then fade away like Beanie Babies or Pop Rocks or The Beatles. I guess I was wrong. I can see a lot of positive things about the internet but there are so many negative things that I wonder if it is all worth it. And I do believe that the government could easily weed out a number of negative aspects if they really wanted to but they don’t.

For instance they could very easily get rid of a lot of the hackers and stalkers. If they did that then the anti hacking and anti stalking departments of our government wouldn’t have jobs. So that isn’t going to happen. I think their goal is to catch enough to make it look like they are doing something so that their jobs look important but not enough to put a dent in the hackers and stalkers. It is sort of like war. We all wish that there were no wars but the government needs a little conflict from time to time otherwise how could we justify the war department.

So about the stalking:

The thing that gripes me the most about the internet are those moving icons. You know the ones. They pop up on your screen and continually move around in an effort to make you accidently click on them. So you are trying to click on the local weather map and that “dating” icon jumps in the way and all of a sudden there is an icon on your weather page that says meet single girls in your area. And don’t even think about clicking on that icon just to see what it does.

 I had one of those pop-ups that came up on the local news site. It said click here for a 50% off coupon for shoes. Well I didn’t need any new shoes and really thought that stiletto heels for the bedroom were kind of impractical (I prefer fuzzy slippers) so I dodged that icon. But it got the best of me and jumped in front me like all those deer jumped in front of my cars. Yes right there in front of the local weather map icon just as I was about to click on it and bam! it took me to a Fredrick’s of Hollywood site that was advertising shoes for the bedroom. Well to make a long story short they didn’t have my style or size (ahem) but now she won’t leave me alone. Yes she is stalking me.

The next day I was shopping for hardware on Home Depot dot com and there in the corner pops up my little stalker from Fredrick’s. I am not sure what she was doing there so she had to be stalking me. Maybe she was just shopping for ropes or hunting boots or something like that. I just don’t know. And I have to say that the outfit that she was wearing wasn’t too practical. There wasn’t enough material to make a hand towel. But I just ignored her, did my shopping and left.

Now it seems that no matter what site I go to, she follows me around. And the scary part is that she knows how to follow me. She knows my office and home computer, all my email accounts and all the sites that I visit. And she isn’t alone. Apparently she has lots of friends and now the girls from Sears, another one from Kmart and one from Walmart are all stalking me.

And if all that isn’t bad enough, now there are single girls in my area that want to date me. And they won’t take no for an answer either. They just keep jumping around my computer screens hoping that I will say yes but so far I have managed to avoid their advances. But when is it all going to stop? I tried deleting my history, passwords, cookies, cakes and pies but to no avail. They keep coming back. Now I know I am considered to be a ladies man and all but come on, No means no. I am really not interested. I mean not only am I married, look at the age difference. She could be my granddaughter daughter. The sad part is I don't even know her name.


Have a nice day but quit stalking me.

Greg

Comments

Carmen said…
Ugh! What a pain! I had a similar, but different problem a little while back, and was able to fix it...but it took a lot of research. The fix will be different for differing browsers as well. Feeling for you right now!:(

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog