There’s Gold in them tharr hills.



That’s right, Gold prices are at their highest level in years and if you are selling, “Cash for Gold” is buying. All you have to do is call the number on your screen and we will send you a handy return envelope. It is safe, reliable and easy. Simply put your unwanted or broken Gold in the envelope and return it to us and we will send you back cash.

Translation:

Desperation is at its highest level in years. So if you have gold and you are desperate enough to put it in a marked envelope and send it through the mail where hundreds of people will have the opportunity to steal it, and by chance we do get it, we will send you back a fraction of what it is worth. It’s as simple as that. Count me in.

Invest in Gold. Yes it is true that Gold prices are at their highest level ever and the prediction is that they will go even higher. This prediction however comes from the same person who said that the Dow would never go below 10,000 again and then changed that number to 8,000 and then 7500 and is now saying 7000. I predict that it may go below 7000 today so if you want to invest some of your money, sent it to ME and I will get rid of it invest it for you. You may not become wealthy, but I might and doesn’t that give you a nice warm feeling to know that you did something nice for me? Just kidding.

So about that Gold rush…... Have you heard the news? California, which just happens to be the Golden State, is going to legalize marijuana. That’s their solution to the money crisis. By legalizing it, they can tax it and the state will get out of debt. Wow, now why didn’t I think of that? But why stop there Governor Arnold. Why not legalize prostitution as well and that way you can tax it. And here is a good idea for you. Why not sell day passes to illegal aliens from Mexico so that they can come to California and work for pennies? You could have them bring the Acapulco Gold in for you, let them work for almost nothing and then send them home at the end of the day. Talk about a “Bail” out opportunity. We will call it the “California Bail In plan.”

“Eureka I found it.”

Did you know that “Eureka I found it” is the California motto? Back in the 50’’s they wanted to have a state motto and someone suggested “In God we trust”. However the state legislature decided to go with Eureka I found it instead of In God we Trust in recognition of the California Gold Rush. So what they said was Gold was more important to them than God. And that my friends is what is wrong with California and for that matter America. We need a spiritual bailout plan, not a financial bailout plan.

Have a Golden Day,
Greg

Comments

I have thought the same thing when I hear those commercials on the radio. But then I sigh and know there are people out there that are just that stupid.

I also like the people that want to reinvest your IRA or 401(k) for you so you won't lose any money...I think you and I should go check it out. ;-)
Okay! I'm ready to send in my gold, but do I get the free Ginsu Knives too??
Michelle said…
Hey Greg...thanks for stopping by again. Love your new blog look!

Now...hahahahahah...but wait...

funny post and apparently we have lots of stupid people out there...just take a look around ...I'll stop with that!
Unknown said…
It is beyond me, how naive people are at times! It's also beyond me, how a 'company' can prey on the public, during such difficult times.
Where is our moral compass these days?
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we tried to help each other, rather than try to take advantage of each other?
Hmmm... time to remove my rose colored glasses and get back to reality!

~AM
Monogram Queen said…
Amen on the spiritual plan - stay Gold Greg!
Wanda said…
Greg ~~ I love California and being a native of the state... But believe me I'm not PROUD of my state!!

I totally agree with everything you said....and you have a way with words that move us...

Love that you still hang out your clothes.... (((smile)))

LOL:Wanda
Beverlydru said…
You hit the nail on the head. Our nation is up to it's neck in greed. And the gold people are at the Holiday Inn in my town. A friend told me she got $300 taking her old gold to a HOME PARTY. She is now hosting one herself this weekend. Eurkea indeed - a sign of the times.
Anonymous said…
One of the best posts I've read today, Greg.

But I'm still not sending you my gold. :)
sandy said…
I am disgusted with what is happening out here and Terminator should go!!! Don't get me started....
Skoots1moM said…
I did some checking 'cause I did not know if the butterfly bush and the butterfly weed were the same or not...oh, they're definitely different...
here's what I found...

Butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa) is a species of milkweed native to eastern North America. It is a perennial plant growing to 0.6-2 m (1 -2 feet) tall, with clustered orange or yellow flowers from early summer to early fall.

The Butterfly bush (Common Names: butterfly bush, buddleia, summer lilac) is a deciduous to semi-evergreen shrub with a weeping form--can get 6-12’ (1.8-3.7 m) tall--a spread of 4-15’ (1.2-4.6 m). Clusters of tiny flowers are long, 8-18 in (20-45.7 cm) and cone-shaped that droop in a profusion of color and stay abuzz with winged, nectar-feeding insects from late spring until first frost in autumn.

You can see pictures of my bush, with butterflies and bees, at this post (http://skirkman.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post.html)

Yaaaah, we larned sumpin' today!
Kelly said…
woo - I like it. Spiritual bailout plan - I'd vote for that one!
The Blonde Duck said…
That's a great plan! Let's all do it and wear Snuggles!
Scarlet said…
For you...gold, silver and bronze, my friend!

I don't know when all the madness will stop but if we don't look to God for answers, it's not going to happen.

I think it's time we reconnect with God...while there's still time.
Becky said…
*sigh*

BAD STATE! bad!

I have to go tend my 'crop' now.

;-)
I can't stand those gold commercials, how crazy is this world getting.

I am all for the spiritual bailout.
Marla said…
Who would ever send gold to someone they don't know and really expect to get money back. Some people have been burned, I am sure.
Edie said…
Leave it to California to lead the way into destruction. Hopefully the rest of the nation will see the pitfalls of this idea and not follow suit.

I would send you my gold but my daughter hawked most of it when she was younger.

The "Bail In" plan wouldn't work in California since the illegals don't have to leave now.

Spiritual Bail Out. Now you're talking!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper

My plans have changed.

My new blog