I added the digging deep part because Blessings aren't always obvious and sometimes we have to dig deep to find them. They are still blessings. Where do I begin? Today I am reminded of a Jimmy Stewart western I saw once. If I remember correctly he was a single parent in that he had lost his wife for some reason or another. I can’t remember why but for whatever reason she was gone. He had a huge family of boys and they were all seated around the dinner table and the blessing went something like this:
God we thank you for your blessings. We planted these crops, and when the drought came, we hauled water from the stream. When the locusts came we drove them away. We pulled the weeds and kept the cattle out of the fields. We harvested the crops and prepared them for this table. I really don’t know what you had to do with it but we thank you anyway. Amen
Please forgive me I am working from memory and my memory isn’t what it used to be. Does anyone remember what movie that was from? The point is that even though some blessings don’t look like blessings they still are. So here is my list for this Thankful Thursday:
1. I am thankful that even though I lost my temper last night with one of my children, I didn’t resort to violence and no matter how they try my patients, I still love them. (yelling isn’t violence is it)
2. Right now I am very thankful for this great cup of coffee. I didn’t sleep well and it is the only thing keeping me going.
3. I am thankful for teaching myself to type over the years because I am looking at a huge pile of paper work in front of me that has to be done today.
4. I am thankful for my physical results that I will be getting in about two hours. I am assuming here that it will be a good report but even if it isn’t, at least I was still alive to show up for the physical. If the doctor says anything negative I am going to reply: Am I still alive? Then it is a good day.
5. I am thankful that it is payday and I still have a job even though sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it. Somebody tell me it is please.
Well there you have it.
Have a great day,