Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Thankful Thursday, looking for that silver lining.
It may not seem like things are getting better for me but they are. If you judge only by the frequency of my posts you may get a different impression. Yes I am still very busy with everything from work to special projects but I am slowly but surely getting things done. Every day I check another thing or two off my list of "things to do today". I really doubt if there will be a time that I have no list but that is ok too. God's plan for me isn't to be a loafer.
This week I am thankful for a bunch of things but I will only list 5.
1. Fresh veggies from my garden. This week I picked squash and cucumbers. I have peppers about ready to pick and my zucchini is just about ready too. Tomatoes aren’t that far off.
2. A totally awesome concert by my middle schooler. The new band director they got this year is outstanding and is really doing a great job working with all the kids.
3. I am thankful for another great day at the market this past weekend. They were calling for rain but it held off and we ended up having a great day.
4. And speaking of rain we got some nice rain earlier this week. We (my wife) have been having to water all day long and that rain gave my well a break. I am always thankful for rain.
5. Finally I am thankful for my thankful attitude. With all the troubles and worries in this world, God has given me the ability to see the silver lining in almost everything. Sometimes it takes me a while but I can usually find it. Many people that I work with like to focus on the clouds and refuse to look for that silver lining. Every morning I am met with a room full of pouting people and I do my best to cheer them up. This morning I decided to start putting happy quotes on my morning report. This morning it was; “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Abraham Lincoln said that. At the end of the meeting we got into a discussion about why I put that on the report and someone piped up and said; He got shot, how happy is that?
Oh well I tied. Please join me in being thankful this week. I am sure you have something to be thankful for. How about life itself.
Have a great day,